Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my name is tommy, and this is my e30

92 325i mtech2 appearance package

here's how she looked before... paint was all faded, suspension all jacked up, messed up engine mounts, missing 1 tranny mount, other one broken 2, just basically not in the best shape

before

standing next to the 318 i sold a few weeks after picking up the mtech vert

318 vert

Then i started buying alot of replacement parts... and a few aftermarket goodies
    PureMS RMS

Cosmo coilovers

Type-B's

modified spring perch so i can go real low and r3v my oil pan

the mtech vert garage (thanks to jon for the suspension install)

the comparison between the stock spring and coilover spring, the stock spring barely fit in the picture lol

after a long day's work

then i got the paint buffed and polished (you should have seen how incredibly dull and horrible my paint was beforehand)

I was so happy with the way the suspension and paint turned out that i continued to take pictures for the next few days under different lighting

and finally how she stays parked while i'm at work or home

BTW... i recommend anyone (vert or hardtop) get this cover... its super easy to put on or take off (less than a minute) and it keeps the inside of your car ridiculously cool. It's been pretty hot here in socal... and this thing works great for both protecting your top and keeping the inside of your car cool.

Final thoughts... i know i have the raked look... but thats the lowest the rears will go all the way adjust down. I'm gonna do what others have done and remove the adjuster sleeve complete and just run the spring. I've spoke with Cosmo, and they've acknowledged the limited drop this spring provides on the e30 and is currently testing out a 5" spring that i hope to use in the future.

I know i'm missing the front valence, but i have a brand spanking new one straight from germany waiting to get painted.

r3v away
    Last edited by ummagawd; 08-09-2007, 11:26 AM.

Looks great man, but what happened to the front valence? Looks really clean, I think with all that talk about the coilovers you need to go lower. ;)

No fender gap would look awesome with those wheels, great stuff man!
    Reminiscing...

Comment

Good lookin'.

Comment

Lovin the wheels. Some of my favorite wheel evar
        HDE30 <3

Comment

Baller wheels
          S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
          What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

nice! What wheels are those? Type B's ???
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Beautiful car. You really need that M-tech II front valence to finish it all out though....

Beautiful wheels.

What are the specs of those wheels. size/width/offset website? price?
              Recent Rebranding!!
              Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
              E30 SM62/S62
              E30 M60 V8
              E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
              Instagram.com/garageaholic
              Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

nice ! where did you get that cover ?

Comment

Originally posted by tabasco View Post
                  nice! What wheels are those? Type B's ???
                  Yup...Borbet Type B's, 16x9. http://www.tunershop.de/xt/product_i...&cPath=100_104

Unsure of the offset...ET15?

I want Azev Type A's though... ;)
                  Reminiscing...

Comment

I don't speak German. How much does it cost to get a set of Borbet B's over here?
                    S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                    What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

thanks guys... yea i was gonna wait until i got the front valence painted and installed.... but i couldn't wait... with the paint as glossy now and the handling all fun... i couldn't resist

yea they're type B's 16x9 +15 offsets, i have a 7mm spacer up front now to keep the rim from hitting the caliiper.... and ordered a 15mm for go out back to push it out more

Trust me... i want this car dumped as well... i'm gonna remove the rear adjuster sleeve, and hopefully after the springs settle... i'll have no gap

that cover can be bought either through bavauto, or www.capoptop.com
                      and trust me... everytime i get into my car after a long summer day in socal, it reminds me how worth it it was to get this top. WOrth the 1 minute it takes to put on and is sooooo much better than your typical window sun shakes. Plus it protects my clotch top :)

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                        I don't speak German. How much does it cost to get a set of Borbet B's over here?
                        The site is also in English if you start from the main page at www.tunershop.com

They import as well, dunno how much total it would be but they said $273 a rim.
                        Reminiscing...

Comment

True that . Welcome to R3vlimited.

Your thread title sounds like an episode of Mtv's TRUE LIFE !!!

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

nice nice !!!
                            :pimp:

Comment

Looking great, +1 on the front valance to finish it up!

Comment

Working...
                              X