Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's done - my car is in one piece again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's done - my car is in one piece again!

On the 14th of april I had a rather nasty car accident. My pretty red E30 got hit from behind so bad, the body was damaged beyond repair possibilities. But fortunately the suspension, brakes, drivetrain - all vital systems were untouched. Maybe except the oil pan which got hit by steering gear (rack? transmision? how the hell is that thing called??).

So i purchased an empty body in great condition and swapped EVERYTHING from the old one. Of course I upgraded some things while the car was in pieces.

To make a long story short - here are some photos (still don't have a decent digital cam, so these are mobile phone pictures...) and some comments.

The interior got new seats (pipe-based, folded Jamex sport seats), and new gauge faces - white, when lit only the numbers light in orange - all cluster lighting has been changed to wide-angle LEDs (about 20 of them) and installed under the gauges.

The rear got an IS trunk lip, and painted tail lights (red and black).

The 7,5/16" and 9/16" Powertech polished wheels taken straight from my previous E30.

Fake M3 mirrors with blinkers also come from the red one. Front blikers now have clear glass (DIY ;)).

My old E30 had an M-TechII front valance which was cracked in few places. Since I had just about enough of cracking or breaking any front add-ons (IS front lip was first) i decided to keep the front stock - with a standard narrow front lip.

About the car itself - it's a 2,7 eta-based stroker with M20B20 head, and M20B25 everything else on the top. If I was to make a "mod list" it would be quite long so just the most important things:
    - 320i flywheel (quite light)
    - 3,71 LSD
    - shortshift
    - reinforced rear subframe
    - gas/oil Bogge shocks
    - -40/-30 Jamex progressive springs
    - front and rear strut-braces
    - oil radiator

That's about the most improtant stuff

Hope you like it.

Looks great. Nice work. Congrats on the rebuild.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
      Looks great. Nice work. Congrats on the rebuild.
      + 1 :up:
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

You should get a friend with a digi camera to take pictures of your auto. I would love to see the clock light up at night. I like it when people do cool things with LEDs on the instrument cluster (clock).
        Nice work!

Comment

Working...
        X