new car, new project, new headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new car, new project, new headaches

So a couple years ago I bought my 85 eta with grand aspirations of turning a cheap car into a gem. I've got thousands of dollars in parts in bins, and the more I stripped the eta, the more rust I found, and the more convinced that repainting it and euro bumpers would cost more than just a new project car with decent factory paint and plastic bumpers. Plus the later cars will make swapping engines a little easier. Two months, and about 10 overpriced beaters looked at, I found a beater with good paint and a decent price.

So in two hours I'm picking up an 89 alpine white II 4-door, slammed with racing hart replicas. It's got some problems for sure, but not like the piece of crap currently in my garage. Biggest items on the "to do list" will be to fix a front bumper that is tweaked from someone backing in to it.. Looks like the shocks got compressed, and all the lens' are busted, otherwise the fenders look good, the grill is intact. The interior needs some work, and I need to replace two window motors. Mostly little stuff. Then I can put the IE stage III's and Konis on with all new bushings, etc.

I'm excited that I might be able to drive an e30 to a meet for once instead of showing up in a company car. Hopefully I'll have pics up tonight.

Alpine FTW
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Let's see the pics on that unit.

Comment

Working...
      X