E30 325i AC schnitzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my shippment today :P

When i got home i went to the parking garage and put the strutbrace in.

The car is rock solid when trying to push it from the side, i didnt bother going for a drive since it was very windy and loads of rain. But this morning i drove it to work and my first impression is that its very good, the car just turns and does not slide forward even how much i push it and the tarmac was wet... maybe becouse i have good tires at the front and not so good at the back ... but hey its a diffrence :P

The rest of the package:

these are urathane motormounts, gearbox, trailing arm og 25/22mm swaybar set adjustable from IE 8)

Cant wait to feel the handling when the sways go in :P

E30 3xxi - BRILLANT ROT

Comment

Damn, thats badass man! Nice find...

Comment

bastard. Those are rarer than Alpina's I believe.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

muahaha, its true! ive been trying to find some other ac schnitzer e30's on the internet for a week and i havent found much. Any idea's where to look?

E30 3xxi - BRILLANT ROT

Comment

Dammit I should have never sold mine..fucking got them for $800 in 16x7.5 way back when...and they were full polish too!
            Reminiscing...

Comment

Wow, long time since ive updated this thread :o

Alot has been done the car, its been turbocharged.. boostin 22psi running on VEMS, new/used wheels and alot of more stuff that I will list up later ;)

Wanted to update becouse of this:

Got a offer that i couldnt refuse from a painter that I know. Soo Ive been tearing down my beloved E30 for a couple of weeks.

Today I finished the tear down and here is how it looks ATM, just a matter of removing the front and rear windscreen and the lights

Its going to be painted with the oem colour, wich is brilliant rot. I'll also have to change the driverside door since some idiot backed into it. I have also ordered new oem fender,door and rear quarter trim combined with new bumper trim front and rear, new door hinges and cylender ring and the wiper grills.

Ive also been busy with refurbishing the rear wheels over the weekend. Here is little tutorial on how to do it.

Started with masking of the area I didnt want the clear coat remover stuff(dont know whats the proper word for this in english) to go on an ruin the paint.

Here you can see how corroded the aluminum is

Lots of goey clear coat remover

Here is how it looks after 400, 600 and 800 grit wetpaper. Its best to move the 400 papper in circles to get rid of the corrsion spots. And with the rest of the paper to move it back and forward. The first round takes the longest soo you can take comfort in knowing that the next round will be alot shorter ;)

This is how it looks like after using 1200,1500 and 2000 wetpaper

Next is to get terry cotton towel/cloth and some kind of polisher. I used Meguairs metal polish and rub the hell out the area you've been sanding down.

Here is the results :) Very happy with the outcome

All this was done with my hands on the kitchen table. Was about 4 hours total per wheel, it will take alot shorter time if the wheel is in better condition then mine were.

Hope I inspire someone to do this.

Will update this thread as the car comes back from the painter and asembly will start

E30 3xxi - BRILLANT ROT

Comment

im jealous of your steering wheel, you need some sport seats though!

what is iceland looking like with this volcano erupting...?
                Josh

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=159843

Comment

i need to find an ACS kit and wheels. anywhere specific where i can find it? and would it fit a 4 door?
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                  VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

the wheel refurb looks really good. Im excited to see the outcome of the paint job.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                    This is the internet. Just make something up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chabs View Post
                      im jealous of your steering wheel, you need some sport seats though!

what is iceland looking like with this volcano erupting...?

Nardi steering wheel FTW, Ive got ///M sports seats now ;)

There haven't been any ash in the captial .. mostly on small towns and farms near the volcano

E30 3xxi - BRILLANT ROT

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                        i need to find an ACS kit and wheels. anywhere specific where i can find it? and would it fit a 4 door?

The kit is pretty rare, havent seen a complete kit for sale ever.. just parts of it. Should work on a 4 door

E30 3xxi - BRILLANT ROT

Comment

I picked up the wing for the kit recently, so now I have to slowly build up the rest of the kit, which I have a feeling will take forever. Your car is the inspiration to keep me moving towards that goal though, thanks for sharing!
                          "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

Originally posted by einarsss View Post

There haven't been any ash in the captial .. mostly on small towns and farms near the volcano
                            You can farm ice?!?!?!?! How did I not know this?!??

lol J/K man, the car looks great! The wheel refurb blows my mind, I can hardly believe how much time that must have taken and how sore your fingers and hands must have been. But they look awesome!

Comment

Working...
                            X