goin a bit lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

goin a bit lower

well i lowered my car.....finally....i just got GC adjustable coil overs with Eibach's for an un-passable deal....im running stock shocks right now....but the ride isnt bad....the shocks are new...so they will do for now....
    they are all the way up right now.....i want to ease into lowering as i have never even driven a lowered car...i can drop it about 2 more inches....maybe a bit more...but slow and steady for now...i will ride at this height for this week and then adjust them down sunday a bit more....if that makes sense hahaha.

B4

for now

my questions are....im running 205 50 15....will drastic rubbing issues occur?

and how long should my shocks hold up under this strain?
    Last edited by hendrixvodu; 08-27-2007, 11:09 PM.
    -His-
    87 e30 325i
    87 e24 m6
    05 e83 x3
    94 e32 740i 5spd
    -Hers-
    89 e30 325i
    18 f48 x1

I cant answer your questions but quit teasing me and dump it on its balls. I also just got my Ground Controls installed and still have a tad bit to finish up before I can drive it, but I am going as slammed as I can get it right off the bat.

Comment

Originally posted by hendrixvodu View Post
      my questions are....im running 205 50 15....will drastic rubbing issues occur?

and how long should my shocks hold up under this strain?
      well I'm running 225/50/15's and have no rubbing issues at all with an eibach prokit and billy sport setup. I dunno if this is any help to you whatsoever, but am I understanding you right when you got the GC setup but it did not include shocks? Stock shocks will last a little while but I'd get something better in there fairly quick, it is not a recommended practice.

Comment

Get Low.

205/50-15's are undersized for stock size, so you shouldnt have any rubbing issues. Of course those 318's always had tiny tires for some reason.
        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't lower it anymore with your stock shocks... It looks good as is and your shocks will actually last fairly well at that height... Save up for some billy sports and then proceed with the slamming. No sense in destroying good shocks.
          Just my logic.

1989 325iX
          1995 540i
          1986 325eS R.I.P.
          1984 325e R.I.P.

Comment

need billy sports asap...The fender gas is still huge..It will look pimp when its about 1 3/4 - 2 inches lower.
            90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Driving a lowered car is like getting a new girlfriend who looks sorta like your old one but is like 5 sizes smaller and has a sweet pair of jugs.

Though if my girlfriend lost 5 sizes I think she might die, so I guess this analogy doesn't work in every situation. I bet some of you guys know what I'm talking about though
              '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Btw, what color is that?

Comment

dude, dump it already!

Comment

Originally posted by stevofthahill View Post
                    Btw, what color is that?
                    the color is a delphin type color....its base was a land rover color then darkened and green and blue was added....the guy that painted my car mixed it for me....took me 4 days just to finally pic that color ahahahah!
                    -His-
                    87 e30 325i
                    87 e24 m6
                    05 e83 x3
                    94 e32 740i 5spd
                    -Hers-
                    89 e30 325i
                    18 f48 x1

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                      Driving a lowered car is like getting a new girlfriend who looks sorta like your old one but is like 5 sizes smaller and has a sweet pair of jugs.

Though if my girlfriend lost 5 sizes I think she might die, so I guess this analogy doesn't work in every situation. I bet some of you guys know what I'm talking about though

i like this reasoning ahahahahahhahaha!!!!!!!!! very much like this! ahahah
                      -His-
                      87 e30 325i
                      87 e24 m6
                      05 e83 x3
                      94 e32 740i 5spd
                      -Hers-
                      89 e30 325i
                      18 f48 x1

Comment

Originally posted by DanielHStout View Post
                        I wouldn't lower it anymore with your stock shocks... It looks good as is and your shocks will actually last fairly well at that height... Save up for some billy sports and then proceed with the slamming. No sense in destroying good shocks.
                        Just my logic.

do you think this is a good ride height to stay at for the time being? and how long do you think i will get out of them?... annnnnnd then what should i do for shocks....ive heard good things on billy's but how are say Koni's?
                        -His-
                        87 e30 325i
                        87 e24 m6
                        05 e83 x3
                        94 e32 740i 5spd
                        -Hers-
                        89 e30 325i
                        18 f48 x1

Comment

Originally posted by hendrixvodu View Post
                          the color is a delphin type color....its base was a land rover color then darkened and green and blue was added....the guy that painted my car mixed it for me....took me 4 days just to finally pic that color ahahahah!
                          looks fucking good :up: I love those dark greenish, grayish, blueish colors all rolled into one.

Comment

Originally posted by stevofthahill View Post
                            looks fucking good :up: I love those dark greenish, grayish, blueish colors all rolled into one.

hey thanks man!!!!!!!!! :-D
                            -His-
                            87 e30 325i
                            87 e24 m6
                            05 e83 x3
                            94 e32 740i 5spd
                            -Hers-
                            89 e30 325i
                            18 f48 x1

Comment

Looks badass, I like hte wheels but drop it more, it aint that bad. w/ Ireland stage 3's which is 2 inch drop I havne't had any rub issue w/ 225/50/15 and same wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X