Dropped the vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropped the vert

Had some H&R sports left over from the M3 so I decided to put them on the vert. Car got springs, new control arms, and control arm bushings.

Came down more than I expected, 2.25" in the front with the upper spring pad left in and the lower removed. 1" in the rear with both pads in there.

Wheels would already be on it but UPS sucks, so they have to wait until Tuesday now.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
    1989 325iC M50 Vert
    1989 325i Coupe
    1991 318is
    1995 318ti Club Sport
    2006 330i e90
    2008 Tundra Crewmax

How is the ride?

Comment

Oil pan is cringing at debris in road.

Comment

what wheels are going on? keep the bottlecaps and destroy the tires before you switch. burnouts galore. I have ten bottlecaps with old tires I'll be using for that purpose -- maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
          How is the ride?
          It actually rides better than any other lowered e30 I've had. Pretty smooth and still has some travel. The new control arms and CABs were a HUGE improvement, got rid of almost all the shimmy.

Originally posted by browntown View Post
          keep the bottlecaps and destroy the tires before you switch. burnouts galore.
          It's my wife's car, I don't think she'll be doing any burnouts with it

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
          1989 325iC M50 Vert
          1989 325i Coupe
          1991 318is
          1995 318ti Club Sport
          2006 330i e90
          2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Yeah, adding CAB does help immensely. I added a Sparco brace and did M3 spirngs on mine. It was like a totally differant car.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert View Post
              Yeah, adding CAB does help immensely. I added a Sparco brace and did M3 spirngs on mine. It was like a totally differant car.
              Strut bar may be next. I can really see where the vert would benefit from it.

1988 M3 - Track Rat
              1989 325iC M50 Vert
              1989 325i Coupe
              1991 318is
              1995 318ti Club Sport
              2006 330i e90
              2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

missed something, but when did you get this car? Looks like the start of clean vert. What wheels are you going to run on it?
                Continuous For Sale Thread
                323i s50

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
                  missed something, but when did you get this car? Looks like the start of clean vert. What wheels are you going to run on it?
                  If you missed this one then you missed my 318ti too

Don't know what brand they are, some sort of Hart racing looking replica. 17's. Wanted to get 16's but couldn't find anything she liked.

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                  1989 325iC M50 Vert
                  1989 325i Coupe
                  1991 318is
                  1995 318ti Club Sport
                  2006 330i e90
                  2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

You've got time to lower your wifes car but not mail my paperwork off? Come on ya bum!

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

looks BA!!!

M50B25tu

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                        You've got time to lower your wifes car but not mail my paperwork off? Come on ya bum!
                        Post office is closed till Tuesday Doesn't someone at your house owe me money?? :p

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                        1989 325iC M50 Vert
                        1989 325i Coupe
                        1991 318is
                        1995 318ti Club Sport
                        2006 330i e90
                        2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Working...
                        X