Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

e30 and her new boyfriend.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    e30 and her new boyfriend.

    just posting a few pics of my new ride the e28 i picked up for 500 canadian. put on the new wheels e34 15'' basketweaves 225/60/15's. few knowen problems hah. transmission is shot i only have one gear 4th. all the others will not ingage when i shift into gear just revs not even a grab. forth goes but you have to slip the clutch which i did to get it home. anyone know which transmission comes with the 1984 533i ? getrag 260/5?and a few pics of the e30. i got HandR sports matching with bilstein sports and IE adjustable camber plates.












    Attached Files
    1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
    1987 e30 325 eta
    1983 e28 533
    2001 x5 4.4l
    1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
    1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

    #2
    good score .. at least on on the body . what u might have is just a bad clutch/pressure plate
    --Hayden--
    '87 325 coupe- Trak Rat
    '93 318is- 4cyl's of fury
    '92 Integra GS-R--yeah, its fast..
    www.G2IC.com

    Comment


      #3
      Nice! I need another e28 they are tanks.


      Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Slick92GS-R View Post
        good score .. at least on on the body . what u might have is just a bad clutch/pressure plate

        can anyone else back this up it would be great if it was, if its in any gear but 4th it dosnt even try to grab at all its like its in neutral.any help would be great. thanks for the remarks/.
        1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
        1987 e30 325 eta
        1983 e28 533
        2001 x5 4.4l
        1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
        1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

        Comment


          #5
          No, a bad clutch would be bad in all gears. You have a dead transmission, and yes it is the Getrag 260/5. I'd recommend finding a 260/6 from an E28 535i to replace it. Make sure you get the driveshaft as well!

          I love E28s.

          Edit: Another 260/5 isn't a bad option as long as it has not been abused. My 533i shifted perfectly, so they can't all be bad!
          1966 230SL /// 1983 635CSi /// 1988 M5 /// 1989 951 /// 1995 M3

          Comment


            #6
            thanks euroshark, also does anyone know if these have dual mass flywheels?>
            1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
            1987 e30 325 eta
            1983 e28 533
            2001 x5 4.4l
            1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
            1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

            Comment


              #7
              84 you say? Probably the 22lb. one that came in the 535i also, but the build date will clarify it. The 17lb. one came in the 83 533i and M5.

              BTW, I just picked up an 83 533i with a good getrag 260/5. Let me know if your interested.

              And join mye28.com.
              Originally posted by BillBrasky
              E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
              1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
              1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
              1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
              2012 F350 6.7PSD

              Comment


                #8
                i thought cars in canada had euro bumpers? weird. Nice pick up!
                NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

                Comment


                  #9
                  nope not in canada, the only thing they resemble as euro would be the gauge cluster. its km/h.
                  1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
                  1987 e30 325 eta
                  1983 e28 533
                  2001 x5 4.4l
                  1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
                  1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

                  Comment


                    #10
                    If you cars manufacture date is 4/1984 or later it has the heavy flywheel and should also have the 535i cam (US spec - 260 duration). If your car is earlier than 4/1984 it should have the 272 cam in addition to the lightweight flywheel. I wish I had the light flywheel to go with my 272 cam!
                    1966 230SL /// 1983 635CSi /// 1988 M5 /// 1989 951 /// 1995 M3

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                      If you cars manufacture date is 4/1984 or later it has the heavy flywheel and should also have the 535i cam (US spec - 260 duration). If your car is earlier than 4/1984 it should have the 272 cam in addition to the lightweight flywheel. I wish I had the light flywheel to go with my 272 cam!

                      my bad the car was an 07/83 prodution date/. so i guess it does have the light weight fly and the 272 cam.:)
                      1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
                      1987 e30 325 eta
                      1983 e28 533
                      2001 x5 4.4l
                      1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
                      1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Congrats on the ride!
                        I picked up an e28 about a month ago for 700 american and I love it. It is so fun to cruise around in. It needs alot of work, but is going to be a fun project.
                        Make sure to replace all the bushings and mounts on your shift plate when you do the new tranny. I have a great recipie for solid aluminum mounts on the transmission side if you want it. Pretty fun when you install them, there is no slop at all from the shifter.
                        Yours truly,
                        Rich
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by Rigmaster
                        you kids get off my lawn.....

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                          Congrats on the ride!
                          I picked up an e28 about a month ago for 700 american and I love it. It is so fun to cruise around in. It needs alot of work, but is going to be a fun project.
                          Make sure to replace all the bushings and mounts on your shift plate when you do the new tranny. I have a great recipie for solid aluminum mounts on the transmission side if you want it. Pretty fun when you install them, there is no slop at all from the shifter.
                          sure man what is it you can pm if you want.
                          1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
                          1987 e30 325 eta
                          1983 e28 533
                          2001 x5 4.4l
                          1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
                          1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X