Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Further Pics of the E30...

SORRY ABOUT PICTURES...DEAL WITH IT FOR NOW

A couple weeks ago I made an intro thread with my car and all the little details...90 325I blah blah blah...

Some of the problems have been fixed since then, overall I really like the car and enjoy driving it. Anyways, here are some quick pictures after a little cleanup...Hope everyone enjoys.

While under the car the other day I noticed a leak coming from this wire...I looked on realoem for it but could not seem to find it. Can anyone tell me what this part is called? It is relatively close to the oil filter (and Oil pan obviously) to give you an idea.

that wire goes to the oil pressure switch.. doubt it's leaking form there though
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Is that a 4 door?
      Edit..Hah..nevermind. Just noticed it.

Nice ride. I love the grey interior.

Comment

Originally posted by redbull 325is View Post
        that wire goes to the oil pressure switch.. doubt it's leaking form there though
        Any ideas? It seems to have a little drip, nothing major. There are a couple other bottom end seals leaking but I didn't know what this could be.

Comment

nice looking four door
          Continuous For Sale Thread
          323i s50

Comment

Not leaking from the oil switch? Do you think it is just the block (sweating) out oil? YES it its the pressure switch. take the connector off, use parts cleaner to clean the oil out of the boot. Then replace the switch along with the copper crush seal and your leak will be gone. It is a common problem.
            "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

eh, i think it's probably the oil pan leaking...
              Build Threads:
              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

eh, i think it's probably the oil pan leaking...
                YEA never mind the whole GRAVITY theory. oil cant leak UP.

I'm not saying that the pan isn't leaking but the drip from the wire is the switch. Also the green on the pan is either A/C dye, or maybe a small coolant leak.
                "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

God I love that color.
                  Originally posted by Simon S
                  When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Nice, I'll take two please.
                    Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Nice

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Clean!

Comment

Originally posted by chuck90m3 View Post
                          YEA never mind the whole GRAVITY theory. oil cant leak UP.

I'm not saying that the pan isn't leaking but the drip from the wire is the switch. Also the green on the pan is either A/C dye, or maybe a small coolant leak.
                          You ever hear of "pissing down a rope?"

The area near the connection the the block looks clean. The oil is probably dripping and running down the wire from somewhere on the front of the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by 86espowa View Post
                            You ever hear of "pissing down a rope?"

The area near the connection the the block looks clean. The oil is probably dripping and running down the wire from somewhere on the front of the engine.
                            OK what ever. The switch is covered in oil. I see these switches leak on just about every E30 that the shop gets. Again the switch is wet the blocks dry. You cant believe everything you read. Try it for yourself and let us know. Hell PM me your address and I will supply you with a switch just to prove a point.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by chuck90m3 View Post
                              OK what ever. The switch is covered in oil. I see these switches leak on just about every E30 that the shop gets. Again the switch is wet the blocks dry. You cant believe everything you read. Try it for yourself and let us know. Hell PM me your address and I will supply you with a switch just to prove a point.
                              Chuck, I gotta agree with the others. The block looks super dry around the switch connection. I think it's oil from somewhere else getting onto the switch wires and dripping down to their lowest point.

Hell, I could be wrong, just how it looks to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X