Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Jetta @ Night (mandatory 56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Jetta @ Night (mandatory 56k warning)

Hey here is the GLI I picked up, there are more pictures in the group if you want me to host them up. I wasnt very satisfied with the turnout of most of the pictures, it focused on the building not the car. I will take more some other time and tweak the settings n make it look all nice.

About the car, driving it to the photo site was as much or more fun driving than the 325is. Not as much power but the short gear ratio and revvy engine make it a very fun car to drive. I will be getting some H+R sports or OE sports soon with bilstines (sp). Also either the single round headlights or some euro aeros (big ones I have now). Night pictures are always nicer with city lights.

All comments welcome, I know its not an E30 but some of you may be interested. Cheers.

<edit> I added some more and bigger pictures </edit>

I bombed Korea every night.

That's cool, my dad is the original owner of an '87 Jetta GL. I remember it was fun when he drove it, but now it just sits in the garage. It needs a lot of repairs, and it would probably cost more to repair it than it is worth. Its still a cool car though. Tastefully modded those cars look amazing. Good luck with yours!
    Jamie Webster
    '89 325is - sold :(
    '96 Miata - sold
    '01 M5 - sold
    '02 Civic Si

Comment

yea man.. mk11 go with round euro lights.. it will look so much better. Those wheels are okay, but id say new rims, 16s will suffice with a nice drop kit. My buddy rolls mk3 with h+r cup kit. Its plenty low and his 16s fill up real nice.

I generally like that body style better. is it 2.0 5 speed? And are those what they consider the big bumpers? Its definitely nice. If I had to sport a jetta, it would be one of those with either a 16 valve 4 (if i could dial it in) or a vr6 from gti or something. Ive seen so many nice examples of old school jettas at bug outs and vw shows.
      Old and improved:

Comment

Im gonna probaly leave the wheels, at least for this summer. I have better things to spend money on than wheels. Yea there big bumpers, and its a 2.0 16v.

Comment

fuck the dual rounds, on an a2 it's all about the rallye golf grille/headlights.

past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by dk
            fuck the dual rounds, on an a2 it's all about the rallye golf grille/headlights.

GLI's fucking rock. That one above is awesome too. I was planning on getting one before the E30...

Yea don't get single rounds, and definitely try and find some BBS RS. The only wheel worth having on an old MKII Volkswagen.
            Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by dk
              all about personal tastes, the rallye grill makes it look newer, but the rounds make it have that old school euro look... I personally love smoked roundies with a badgeless grill
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dk

That conversion is like 1300 bucks. Yea...

Comment

yeaaaa!! a 4 door golf with a trunk!. really sporty! it does look clean though.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler
                    yeaaaa!! a 4 door golf with a trunk!. really sporty! it does look clean though.
                    Um, 4 door E30 with a trunk. Really sporty....

I'm still not sure if you were being sarcastic or just kidding.
                    -Jetta GLi

Comment

Originally posted by Werksmini
                      That conversion is like 1300 bucks. Yea...
                      3 figures if you look around.
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

It's no E30...

But still pretty cool. MkII's own.

Comment

Hot car dude. If you decide to sell those wheels shoot me a PM. They'd look damn good on my 86 Golf. I think smoked aeros would look awesome on your car. I'd also go with a cup kit from H&R or FK. I've got H&R sports on my Golf right now and it doesn't lower it that much so if you're going for a pretty sizable drop I wouldn't go with them. Anyway, sweet car, and yeah mk2's are fun as hell even though they are front drive. :up:

Comment

Do you have a pic of the sports? Maybe ill go race then. :)

Comment

I'll try to get some pics up but I can't guarantee anything. I don't have a digi cam but I might be able to borrow a friends. I've got about 1.5 inches of fender gap riding on 195/60-14 tires if that gives you any idea. I think the H&R race springs lower only like a tenth of an inch more than sports so guess it really depends on what you're going for. The H&R races and sports really do have the best drop for great handling in a mk2. The word from guys like Shine Racing and BSI is that you really don't want to go much lower than a 1.5 inch drop because it destroys your handling. I personally am going with an H&R Cup Kit when my shocks finally blow but I'm willing to give up some handling because the stance of the cup kit looks so damn good. I guess it just depends on where your priorities are, handling or astetics(sp?). How big of a drop are you looking for? Hope that helps :)

Comment

Working...
                              X