Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added Plate Fillter and Trunk Lip to Vert

NOTE: that should read plate filler not plate filter... geez

I'm liking the contrast. Need to get some exhaust tips though. Added an E34 art shot for fun...

Last edited by talltorontoguy; 10-30-2007, 07:37 PM.
    sigpic
    Winner - Best Engine, Bimmercruise 2010
    Runner Up - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2010
    Winner - Best Cabrio, Trillium @ Tedfest 2011
    Winner - e30 Wild Category, Bimmercruise 2011
    www.vertnation.com
    My car in Berlin Klassic promo video

Looks good! What is that little trunk lip from?

Comment

From a mystical place called ebay. :D

Supposed to be painted I guess, but I carried on with the black and white theme of the car.
      sigpic
      www.vertnation.com

Comment

Man it looks great, need more pics. I'm looking to do suspension do you recommend what you got? Did you use pads? The skirts are they for convertibles?

Thanks
        sigpic
        WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

skirts need to be mounted higher, that extra black stripe is redundant. other than that, clean cabby.
          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
            skirts need to be mounted higher, that extra black stripe is redundant. other than that, clean cabby.
            They can't really be on a cabrio. That black strip is like a big chunk of molding, like what's up on the doors, and I don't think it's removable.

Comment

Plate filler added some nice contrast. Looks good!
              That black stripe on the skirts is kind of funny looking though but it doesn't really remove anything from the look.
              Clean1

Comment

Looks good!

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                They can't really be on a cabrio. That black strip is like a big chunk of molding, like what's up on the doors, and I don't think it's removable.
                Anything is removable. ;)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                  its removable, held on by clips. he just needs to paint it or fill the holes for the clips...

clean cab man. ive seen pics of it before, youve done a good job. the black stripe should go though

Aerton, i have h&r sports and they look like the same height of his springs, or atleast the wheel well gap looks the same. took my pads out and its fine.

Comment

Hey jw 325ic, thanks I keep hearing of oil pans braking and I'm in the NY area not the best of roads, it makes my Exlorer jump

How harsh is the ride?
                    sigpic
                    WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

Very clean. I like the white gauges. Where did you get the rear apron?

Comment

Hey guys.

The suspension is H&R Sport with Bilsteins. 2x pads in back to give it a bit of a rake which I like. I'm considering going to the H&R Race to get a bit more drop and may remove the pads in front and 1 pad in back when I do that. The car has settled a bit since the pics in this post were taken.

The rear apron, side skirts and front lip are from Fil aka Eurostyle on maxbimmer.com. Tell him Rod sent you...

My rationale for mounting the way I did:

Side skirts for a vert are impossible (or near impossible) to find. I had to modify a set of mtech replicas to fit. Normally the top of the skirt has tabs that sit on the door sill and the skirt kind of wraps around the rocker with the bottom edge of skirt parallel with the floor extending under the car.

The rockers on the vert are higher from floor to sill on a vert than on a coupe/sedan, so the ONLY way to get the skirt to fit properly is to mount it lower. That means you cannot attach it using tabs on the door sills, the top of the skirt comes to a point about 1"-2" lower than the door sill. That point happens to be exactly at the bottom of the molding.

I could have taken the molding off and filled the holes, but then would have had an ugly edge along the car to deal with. I could have painted the molding white, but after a photoshop I decided against it. I like the contrast theme. Looks plain to me in the photoshop - some like it, some don't.

Last edited by talltorontoguy; 10-31-2007, 08:07 AM.
                        sigpic
                        www.vertnation.com

Comment

i like it, only thing that i dont really like are the side skirts but they arent terrible, other than that, beautiful cab man
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Here's a diagram of what the issue is with hardtop skirt installation on the vert

sigpic
                            www.vertnation.com

Comment

Looks great! I would loose the black stripes on the skirts and get a trunk lid from a hard top. I think it would look much cleaner and a lot less busy.
                              "Drifting an E30 is like pouring out a beer just to get a nickel for the can"

Comment

Working...
                              X