what do you guys

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by brandondan1
    OZ Supraleggras? I was thinking about getting black ones on my old car.

    Get stuff that you NEED first, not stuff you want, and you'll be good. Don't get tempted XD.
    Close, they are Ultraleggeras. The Supraleggeras are the super pricey 3 piece wheels with the lip but same spokes.

    Glad you said that so I could find them!

    Leave a comment:


  • sticksdaman
    replied
    i wouldnt bother with the e30 m3 springs its not much of a noticable drop and you could put that money towards something more worthwhile in my opinion... chip z4 shifter ... hell anything really

    Leave a comment:


  • kyle wilson
    replied
    Originally posted by xLibelle
    to do the suspension drop on the budget, its easy to find a set of used e30 M3 springs on ebay for less than $100.
    Its pretty much the same stiffness and almost an inch lower all around.

    IMHO, i despise rubberband sized tires on rims. It looks like shit and it drives even worse. Your fenders allow for another size up on the side walls. I run 205/50-16 and would never go with less sidewall ever.
    how do I know they are going to be lower springs will it say or just get ones that say e30 m3

    Leave a comment:


  • kyle wilson
    replied
    i have 17" rims . i have 215/40/17 now i was thinking of going to 215/45 17 it is a hard ride now .

    Leave a comment:


  • xLibelle
    replied
    to do the suspension drop on the budget, its easy to find a set of used e30 M3 springs on ebay for less than $100.
    Its pretty much the same stiffness and almost an inch lower all around.

    IMHO, i despise rubberband sized tires on rims. It looks like shit and it drives even worse. Your fenders allow for another size up on the side walls. I run 205/50-16 and would never go with less sidewall ever.

    Leave a comment:


  • kyle wilson
    replied
    That is the key word. I always get stuff I want when I don’t need it yet I need to get the car up to par then work on the cool add on’s and such

    Leave a comment:


  • brandondan1
    replied
    Originally posted by dvs909
    on another note, what rims are those everyone is raving about?
    OZ Supraleggras? I was thinking about getting black ones on my old car.

    Get stuff that you NEED first, not stuff you want, and you'll be good. Don't get tempted XD.

    Leave a comment:


  • kyle wilson
    replied
    Yes i have someone looking at that this next week. i have not really drove the car yet . had a hell of a time getting the car not to leak water in to the back floor board and back seat but some new seals and we are good.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Check that T-belt. Maintenance first. Ya got a great platform. We'd hate to see a great looking car end up in the parts for sale thread.

    Cleaning goes a long way!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • kyle wilson
    replied
    thank all you guys for the input. im going to clean it this weekend . and yes i want to lower it a little and will look on e-bay for the lip .again thnak all you guys for the info

    Leave a comment:


  • Huff
    replied
    Originally posted by kyle wilson
    Conservative. I got the car for $1600.00 and just doing little things when I have the cash. My quad and my jeep take up allot of my money.
    Be prepared to give up one or two of the 3. No way you can give any real attention to that many projects.

    I agree with everyone as far as lowering and getting an IS front lip. Just spend a good day cleaning every spot (take seats out, etc.).

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by delatlanta1281
    If you look at dvs's sig above. The lip on hid red e30 below his foglights is what you are missing. It is a bit thicker than the stock lip that cam on your car.

    You can see it on my friend's car here, plus he has your rims which I would never get rid of.
    What wheels are those? They are the hawtness.

    Leave a comment:


  • dvs909
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkWing6
    I would start by spending a weekend cleaning every inch of the car. Pull the seats, clean the engine bay, etc, etc. That is a cheap way to make the car a whole lot better. From there start searching aroud the pics in members rides and see what you like. Do you like it slammed or just a moddest drop? 15s, 16s, or 17s?
    QFT!!! After i got my E30 i liked it alot more after i took out the interior and cleaned it.
    Use the search button first if your looking for something, r3v is ancient and has tons of posts about everything, and the members love to yell about using search.

    on another note, what rims are those everyone is raving about?
    ________
    Buy mflb
    Last edited by dvs909; 03-03-2011, 05:49 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • DarkWing6
    replied
    I would start by spending a weekend cleaning every inch of the car. Pull the seats, clean the engine bay, etc, etc. That is a cheap way to make the car a whole lot better. From there start searching aroud the pics in members rides and see what you like. Do you like it slammed or just a moddest drop? 15s, 16s, or 17s?

    Leave a comment:


  • delatlanta1281
    replied
    Good call for now, I would agree that once you start with the $50 to $200 mods, you are going to find an addiction to that car. Once it handles well and you can't stop looking back at it as you walk away, you will be addicted.
    Are they 17"? Someone told me I should paint them black. What do you think? And as for the lip. I think someone cut the brackets off because it is smooth
    His are 17, I wouldn't molest those rims, they are very nice IMO.
    As far as the brackets go, they are little black clips you can pick up at the dealer. They clip onto the lip then the then the lip clips to the skirt or vice versa.

    Leave a comment:

Working...