New atmosphere...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New atmosphere...

Well just thought I'd give a little update on my life. Just moved to Asheville, NC to start my job at BorgWarner Turbos and I love it. I'm working as a Simulations Design Engineer. The majority of the design work and applications I'm doing are for tractor and truck turbos (CAT & MACK/Volvo). It is really interesting and I've finally been able to see and feel what I've read and learned so much about. I've been able to work on the assembly and machining lines and I have some true respect for those guys. The guy I worked with today could put a turbo together fully assembled in just over a minute. It was really cool to see and feel how the parts all fit and worked together.

Anyway, about the e30 now. Here's my attempt at going monochromatic. If I paint my mouldings, grills, tires and wheels white my car will finally be invisible.

My office and work space

Enjoy
    Last edited by GaryE30; 01-20-2008, 03:18 PM.
    Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Great photo!!! The good thing about white cars? When they get dings, you can touch them up with white-out (LOL) !

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Gary, since I'm stuck in Columbia without any hope for snow, you will need to enjoy RWD in a snowy parking lot for me.

Comment

Originally posted by David325is View Post
        Gary, since I'm stuck in Columbia without any hope for snow, you will need to enjoy RWD in a snowy parking lot for me.
        Consider it done. :)

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Congrats on the new job and your are right, the car is almost invisible.
            sigpic
            1990 E30 325ic (sold for more than I paid for it after 5 Years)
            1995 E30 325e (in progress)
            1987 E30 325is (totaled)
            1990 E30 325i
            1991 E30 318is M50 PWR
            1996 E36 328ic
            1997 Z3
            2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 6.5' bed The work horse (need something to drag all these old BMW's home for resurrection.)

Comment

Congrats with your new career move :up:

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

where in a-town is that? and do you know jim persek, he works for BW, drives a lotus?
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

About 20 miles north in the Mars Hill/Marshall area (up 19/23)....there are TONS of backroads with every type of corner you can think of. I recommend taking a trip up there during warmer weather and getting lost. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie30 View Post
                    Great photo!!! The good thing about white cars? When they get dings, you can touch them up with white-out (LOL) !
                    please tell me you dont do this...

touch up paints pretty cheap and lasts for years as long as you dont paint portraits...

nice pic though, snow camo ftw

Comment

Sounds like a pretty cool position, glad you finally picked up another E30.
                      Trevor Ely
                      '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                      '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

awesome job man!

this your first job, or what were you doing before? curious as i am graduating this may, seeing what kind of jobs are around.

Comment

I don't know Jim Persek, but I will ask around. Everyone here seems to know all the other employees and I'm starting to learn everyone's names.

I would like to hit up some nice roads around here. Another guy I work with has an e28 M5 so we'll probably be doing some short trips.

Thanks Trevor, it took a while for me to get one, but I've found my place again. :)

This job is actually a Co-Op (internship) through my university. I work here for 3 semesters while taking classes between each semester of work. Its basically to gain knowledge of the work field and relate classes to real life engineering. Its great to finally move out of the state and explore more places.

Comment

Working...
                          X