No announcement yet.

.. new guy w/ a 318i ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Man! I'm gonna try to search the M-Registry to see if any cars.

And to hijack this thread further, the original build sheet for the exterior and interior colors is found under the rear seat.
    Originally posted by BillBrasky
    E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
    1991 318i Alpine II - S50/5-lug swapped - track car
    1989 325i Cirrusblau - Daily
    1970 2500 - Malaga over Grey Cloth
    2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

I wonder if mine is still there? Cause my int. is out of a 1990. And i allways thought it was Cardinal, so maybe not

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

You should check it out man.

Yeah, the reason I just found this out is that my friend is in the process of stripping down his E28 (1984 Euro Hartge H5S). He was going to paint it a dark Audi pearl blue, because he couldn't find out his original Exterior color.

Low and behold, checked under the rear seat and he found the build sheet. Apparently the color is Schwarzblau, which is a BMW Individual color, and very hard, like near impossible to find on any BMW's. Apparently it was only on a few M635csi's and M1 Procar's. 8-)
        E36's are the Stephen Baldwin of the 3 series family. They barely hold everything together and they only sold a lot because of the popularity of their older sibling.
        2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Mmm, Taurus Red. That's what I have.
          1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
          1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
          1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
          1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

:pimp:

Comment

Hehe, that thing has a LSD in it to?

I'm going to thread jack again though.

I found out that my car has the Crimson int. in it. I had the guy that decodes on here run it. And luckly my car still had the vin#'s on the parts that they took off of the other car.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

no LSD, it's a 318i ...

Comment

Originally posted by CJ7 View Post
                  no LSD, it's a 318i ...

Uhh... Just because it's a 318i, doesn't mean that it wasn't optioned with an LSD from the factory. The "S" your thinking about designates that it is a sport model, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has to have an LSD, 13-button OBC, etc.

You need to get the build sheet to figure out how exactly it was optioned. Hope I'm making sense.
                  2012 F350 6.7PSD

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                    bumper swap, or go for euros.
                    eff that!
                    Tuck em and leave em.
                    Let these guys make our cars rare by swapping bumpers!
                    Yours truly,
                    Rich
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Rigmaster
                    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by BenM View Post
                      Uhh... Just because it's a 318i, doesn't mean that it wasn't optioned with an LSD from the factory. The "S" your thinking about designates that it is a sport model, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has to have an LSD, 13-button OBC, etc.

You need to get the build sheet to figure out how exactly it was optioned. Hope I'm making sense.
                      oh snap, I didn't know that. BMW noob is showing through ...

Comment

I've been without my Bimmer for almost a week now ... I took it in for some work because of it's high idle. The service shop finally found evidence that a PO may have tampered with the MAF, so that is where they are picking up tomorrow. Also, going to have all drive belts and 3 oil leaks taken care of. Two more days though ... at least that's what I'm assuming when they say they'll have it done tomorrow

:dot:

Comment

Thats gotta be one of the mintiest 318i's around. Love the RD wheels as well.

Comment

damn .. I finally have her back.

new MAF, FPR, ICV, O2 sensor, throttle body, coolant flush and all new belts, plus almost two weeks of labor charges :down: BUT my 318 runs so much stronger now. Turns out that it has many outdated, non-recalled parts that were really throwing off the repair shop with their diagnosing.

on the plus side, I can now accelerate from low RPMs and also in 5th gear, uphill on the freeway with NO hesitation. there is much more useable horsepower. My idle is dead on and no longer jumps and my throttle response is also improved
                            Last edited by CJ7; 02-27-2008, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ7 View Post
                              damn .. I finally have her back.

new MAF, FPR, ICV, O2 sensor, throttle body, coolant flush and all new belts, plus almost two weeks of labor charges :down: BUT my 318 runs so much stronger now. Turns out that it has many outdated, non-recalled parts that were really throwing off the repair shop with their diagnosing.

on the plus side, I can now accelerate from low RPMs and also in 5th gear, uphill on the freeway with NO hesitation. there is much more useable horsepower. My idle is dead on and no longer jumps and my throttle response is also improved
                              now try swapping in an m20, it'll be a whole new world.

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
                                now try swapping in an m20, it'll be a whole new world.
                                hahaha, I was thinking the same thing. Although the m10 is a great motor for what it is. Now just boost it up to 1000hp.

Comment

Working...
                                X