New to M3's but not Bimmers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to M3's but not Bimmers...

I'm an 02 guy, but I picked up an ix in the fall and an M3 this weekend!Thought I'd introduce myself....here's a shortened version of the story:

The first time I ever saw an e30 M3 was when I was at soccer camp when I was 14 years old. It belonged to one of the coaches who had moved to the states and imported it...it was Henna Red, but the image in my mind of the car was more like orange...I remember thinking it was way more beautiful than my neighbor's Rabbit GTI ;)

Anyways...I've been actively searching for one for about 5 years, and as we all know...they are not easy to find or cheap or acquire.

So...last week I was told about one that needed some TLC, but was low mileage, soooper straight body and a very strong runner.

Now...before people start commenting about how bad the paint is, I am fully aware and the car will be in showroom condition again within about three months.

That being said...here are the pics and specs (pics are not great, but will do for now)

• 1988 (with a production date of 3/87)
    • Diamondschwarz w/ B&T interior
    • 93K Miles
    • Mostly stock, with upgraded aluminum control arms
    • DS–I wheels (from an e36 M3) will be used until my RS's are done, and will remain my track set-up.
    • Tint will be coming off tonight, and GC Coilovers will be ordered tomorrow.

• Pics (haven't washed her yet, but carpet has been shampood and interior cleaned up):

Welcome!

and nice find, it is definitely a challange to get one under 100k for a reasonable amount. Do you know the service history on the car?
    Chris
    90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Well done! I am going to be in the market here pretty soon too. Glad to see some decent ones are still kicking around.
      sigpic

Comment

Dreams come through with time

Enjoy her responsibly

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Thanks!

As far as history...I've done some digging, and this is what I found:

• I am the third owner..original owner lived in IL, and put 90K on it up until 1998. Then car sat in a barn for about 7 years, and then the owner sold it to a CO guy ( the P/O).

• The P/O bought it in 2005...drove it a bit, but severely neglected it. Fortunately he only owned it for 3 yrs and 3K miles. Didn't really do much other than change the oil, upgrade the control arms and put a really nice stereo in it (which I've already removed).

• I am supposed to be getting the orig. owners' name/phone# tomorrow, and hoping he still might have the service records. However...for the price I paid...I can't be too, too picky.:D

• I am in the process of removing the tint, and intalling the GC Coilovers. :thumbup:

Comment

Congrats on the M3!

I too will hopefully have one someday

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
              Congrats on the M3!

I too will hopefully have one someday
              Thanks!

I searched a loooooong time for mine...you'll find one!

Comment

nice find, keep us updated!!
                "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

Sooo since were all nosey little b4sterds how good a deal you get ??
                  :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by delphini View Post
                    Sooo since were all nosey little b4sterds how good a deal you get ??
                    not really into saying, because I'm sure you wouldn't believe me anyways...
                    ;-)

Comment

Stop teasing, and it's not nearly as bad as you first made it out to be... :D
                      sigpic

Comment

Congratulations & welcome to E30M3 ownership!! "Beware the slippery slope."

Jack

QUOTE=M3Vicktor;950681]Thanks!

I searched a loooooong time for mine...you'll find one![/QUOTE]
                        [I

Comment

Nice find, congrats. Let me start praying so I can find a good one myself:bow:

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
                          :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

awesome! welcome to the addiction!
                            PNW Crew
                            90 m3
                            06 m5

Comment

Awsome find. Nice car. I know they are had to find and there is one around the corner from me that was a recovery theft and has no drive train but everything else is there and the owner refuses to sell it. Always going to fix it. I keep hoping that he will one day give up.
                              sigpic
                              1990 E30 325ic (sold for more than I paid for it after 5 Years)
                              1995 E30 325e (in progress)
                              1987 E30 325is (totaled)
                              1990 E30 325i
                              1991 E30 318is M50 PWR
                              1996 E36 328ic
                              1997 Z3
                              2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 6.5' bed The work horse (need something to drag all these old BMW's home for resurrection.)

Comment

Working...
                              X