New Wheels and Ride Height Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Wheels and Ride Height Needed

It is time to mess with my nearly stock iX.

I appreciate the stock ride height for driving through deep, unplowed snow, but we never encounter that kind of snow here (if we ever get anything other than rain or ice). I also appreciate my mechanic's concern that lowering the ride height will cause problems for an iX in particular, but I don't care.

Any thoughts on wheels and springs for my car? Camber plates?
    Attached Files
    sigpic

"One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." Ulysses, ll. 68-70, Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

Alright dad, i would get the same thing i have, gc's. that way you dont have to worry about being too low or too high. but there are infinite options so let's hear what others have to say.

Also, i think alpina's from http://abrahamsmotorsport.com/ would look awesome!

Comment

Thanks, Elliot.

Here is what it might look like:
      Attached Files
      sigpic

"One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." Ulysses, ll. 68-70, Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

Comment

I was also thinking about BBS RX's, in 16's:
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

I'm hungover, but I'll say Alpina reps on stock ride height, yo

91 318is

Comment

Either of those 2 sets would look nice. Looks really well taken care of man.

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
            :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

Originally posted by elsabor67 View Post
              Either of those 2 sets would look nice. Looks really well taken care of man.
              it is the cleanest e30 i have ever seen in person.

Comment

Maybe this would be a good look:
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

I would get some Koni inserts and H&R ix sport springs for suspension. Those RXs would look great on there. I hear the trick to keep your front CVs in tact is to stretch out the boots a little so the ribs aren't rubbing together on a lowered car.
                  :: PNW Crew ::
                  '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

I think ASA AR1's would be awesome

Comment

Hey, Rhett, like these?
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah, either the black or the polished would look great, and they won't break the bank like the bbs.

Comment

Working...
                        X