Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How my car is currently sitting...

....in pieces

Had to take out the dash to get to the rust. Found out the previous owner took shit care of this car, and that he had NO idea how to wire a stereo.

Also, working on a lil something else as well... still sourcing up some parts :p

Here's some pics...

One removed dash (with my mechanically talented roomate):

THE RUST!!!!:

and finally me, a lil sad about the car
    Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

That sucks! But definitely fixable. Don't lose hope!

Comment

Hey, that looks just like mine did. Look at the bright side, it's a great time to fab up a nice dead pedal, put in fresh sound deadening material, tidy up all your wiring, fix any leaks, replace your leaky heater core, replace all the degraded foam under your dash etc.

Comment

That sucks. Is it typical to have this much rust in a FL car ??
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

WOW! I thought my iX had some rust. But as Mr. Anderson said, dont loose hope. Make it better than stock... and rustproof.
          sigpic

Comment

haha, im not losing any hope! I'm actually working on an I head swap, with the eta bottom staying, and then the turbo comes. I got my hands on a garrett t3/t4 for crazy cheap :)

My roommates owns a MIG welder so we're gunna fix up that floor and any other leaks I got, lay down / roll on some good deadener , and get me a brand new carpet. I'm thinking of either re-apolstering (spelling?) the seats or sourcing new ones. They are those ugly ass color and I want black.

here's how she looks outside right now, not great, but getting there, theres some rust that you can't see

As for a rusty car in florida, I live on the barrier island commonly called the space coast. Crazy high salt levels :(

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

Holy shit! You skim? I'm down for whenever!

Comment

Great looking car you have. I like to see more and more e30's in FL. Never seen you at any of the meets?
                sigpic

Comment

Just got her in May and have been doing work since. She's a lot rustier than you can see. I definitely wanna start coming out to the meets, buts shes in hurting condition right now

Comment

I love the wheels. nice looking car, good luck with the rust treatment.

Comment

Rust in florida??

WTF>?

Good luck with the repairs!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by z50_Jumper View Post
                        I love the wheels. nice looking car, good luck with the rust treatment.
                        Originally posted by KangamangusDriver View Post
                        Rust in florida??

WTF>?

Good luck with the repairs!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, the fun begins!

Comment

Next time im in florida I need to skim with you guys. I've got like a 10 year old victoria foamie vac. In fact, I ordered it from skim city
                          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Good luck man. It's always good to see someone putting in the work and saving one of these from the scrapper.
                            Matt

sigpic

Comment

Nice wheels man, where did you get them....?
                              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X