Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Intro!

Hey guys!
    My name is Kevin. I just bought my first BMW yesturday, a 1991 318is. I bought it as a auto x/semi-daily driver to replace my AE86 corolla. I got sick of the prices being way too high for things like a lsd rear end (which is what i needed) with all the kids drifting, everything costs too much for factory parts.

So, I turned to an e30, test drove one and fell in love. Twice the hp and only 200lbs more than my toyota, plus a factory lsd makes me melt.
    well, on with the pictures...

first off my most recent cars... saying goodbye to the corolla in the next few weeks...

and now for the pictures you guys actually care about... crapy quality and weather, but meh!

it needs some paint and some tlc, not to mention a wash!

but on the mod list:
    wheels
    tires
    springs
    struts/shocks
    sway bars

i look forward to meeting some of you guys! i'm sure i'll have plenty of questions in the next few days, but don't worry, i'll . im not new to car forums in the least.

but whats the deal with this guy? do their wheels suck that much?

Welcome to the site.
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome. No, sportmaxs don't actually suck that much, but the rims tend to be too "overstated" for the tastes of the esteemed members of this site ;). I really don't mind them that much. I'm lovin the poop brown color of the AE86.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
        Welcome. No, sportmaxs don't actually suck that much, but the rims tend to be too "overstated" for the tastes of the esteemed members of this site ;). I really don't mind them that much. I'm lovin the poop brown color of the AE86.

hahahaha. everybody hates on the brown! its actually spray paint from shmucks. when i bought it, it was flat black :roll: with read wheels :???:... i couldn't stand it, so i spray painted it... i was going for more of a burnt orange, but it came out brown, but i thought it looked pretty 80's and stock so i just kept painting hahahaha.

Comment

Good luck. Tuned in to see what comes of your new project.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

congrats. Careful...it addictive!!!

COTM

Comment

can you guys give me a quick low down on the central locking system? i know my car has it, but how do i use it?

my drivers side door doesn't lock unless i turn the key horizontal and its pretty stiff. once i get home i'll try some graphite lube, but whats all this about double locking. how do i lock and unlock all of my doors? this will be really nice, if its not broken!

Comment

Nice start, plenty of guys in the PNW to meet up with and frequent meets. Nice Start!!

I know that the car can unlock all doors from the trunk and lock them as well. Great for alarms because you can hook up keyless entry!

Comment

Kevin, welcome to R3V.

If it is time to get into the central locking system, may I suggest you download the electrical manual. You can find it here.

So yeah, welcome.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

welcome to the site. looks like your off to a great start. you should come down to the tech day in tacoma saturday. meet a few of us. oh and no theres nothing wrong with sportmaxxs..people just hate because a lot of people use them..

Originally posted by rwdrift
                      Back to E-Rich's car and drifters. His car is baller, purpose built. Posers are fags. KA-Ts suck. I like beer. And I need monies.
                      - Erick

Comment

beer

that is all.
                        -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Welcome to the r3v. I vote that you paint the e30 shit brown too.
                          Matt

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                            Kevin, welcome to R3V.

If it is time to get into the central locking system, may I suggest you download the electrical manual. You can find it here.

So yeah, welcome.

Luke

well since i don't have the owners manual, i was looking for more of the basics of the how to use the locking system, so i can see if it is working or not. but i'll keep that electrical manual on hand for the future, thanks!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X