my '87 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my '87 325is

it was dead stock (and not taken care of) when i got it.
    As to be expected, it's a work in progress (always)

Give me positive and negative feedback.

Here's a list of what i've done:

1. Entirely rebuilt m20 engine with chipped brain and CAI
    2. Front and rear Bilsteins lowered on tokico springs
    3. e30 M3 rear sway bar
    4. Black hood with stickers (o0o. so cool right?)
    5. '88 plastic bumper swap
    6. Window tint
    7. 17" rims with Hankook tires
    8. painted calipers (i know, big deal...)
    9. Some interior stuff
    10. 2.5" single pipe from the cat to the back

What i plan to do:
    1. m30 swap
    2. New bigger front sway bar
    3. Big brake kit or drilled/slotted rotors
    4. e36 seats (vaders if i can find them)
    5. CF or fiberglass hood
    6. Roll bar
    7. replace all the bushings with urethane
    8. shadowline trim
    9. body kit (all white) dont know which kit

Tell me what you think and give me suggestions as to what i should do to it. Also suggestions about what brands to use are good too.

Thanks much
    Last edited by alpinweiB; 02-15-2008, 12:20 AM.
    what exactly is sigworthy

Look like it has potential. What exactly are you going to use this car for?
    My Feedback

Comment

Paint the car all the same color. Sell the wheels on Honda-tech and fund stock 14" basketweaves. Ditch the idea of an m30 because its a waste of time when you can spend the same amount of money and have an m50 non vanos.

The brakes on your car are fine. Use stock replacement parts, with Hawk or equivalent pads.

Comment

I just noticed that rear window spoiler, dont see those too often. Car has potential.

Comment

Unless your gonna paint those bumpers the same color as the car, I would have left the diving boards on.

Comment

Are those poser hood pins? Don't see the need for pins on e30's. I don't think i've ever seen e36 rear seats installed. I know the e30 m3 seats are a direct replacement. Get a front sway bar pronto as it is more important than the rear.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by eta wagen View Post
              Look like it has potential. What exactly are you going to use this car for?
              well i want to autoX it which is why im looking for suggestions about what i need to do in order to make that possible. and if not then i just want to have a fast, fun street car
              Last edited by alpinweiB; 02-14-2008, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                Paint the car all the same color. Sell the wheels on Honda-tech and fund stock 14" basketweaves. Ditch the idea of an m30 because its a waste of time when you can spend the same amount of money and have an m50 non vanos.

The brakes on your car are fine. Use stock replacement parts, with Hawk or equivalent pads.
                how much is an m50 and how much hp does it produce? ive already got a spare m30 with a rebuilt head in the back yard. all i need are mounts. that said, why should i not just go with the m30?
                Last edited by alpinweiB; 02-14-2008, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                  Are those poser hood pins? Don't see the need for pins on e30's. I don't think i've ever seen e36 rear seats installed. I know the e30 m3 seats are a direct replacement. Get a front sway bar pronto as it is more important than the rear.
                  honestly i like the way they look even if no one else does. but they are functional and they keep the hood down (yes i know the hood is already designed to stay down and wont fly open anyways). as for the front sway, ive been looking but theyre all expensive. my front sway is 20mm already. would getting one that's 22mm make that much of a difference?
                  Last edited by alpinweiB; 02-14-2008, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alpinweiB View Post
                    how much is an m50 and how much hp does it produce? ive already got a spare m30 with a rebuilt head in the back yard. all i need are mounts. that said, why should i not just go with the m30?
                    Do the m30. IMO it's a better motor than a nvm50.
                    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

thats what i thought. besides m30's are a dime-a-dozen and parts are plentiful. im sure the e36's will be in the coming days, but for now the m30 is in my favor so i may as well do that

Comment

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
                        . Ditch the idea of an m30 because its a waste of time when you can spend the same amount of money and have an m50 non vanos.

opinions are like assholes
                        Originally posted by ebelements
                        Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

fuck nice plastic swap!!! just get an appron under the rear bumper.
                          Originally posted by e30e
                          lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

I'm not dissing your ride or anything, but I kind of had the same EURORICER want to be look and I got schooled by the experts on the forum and let me tell you it was for the best.

Take all the bullshit mods off (hood hinges, swapmeet seats, ebay lights and spoilers that look horrible on your car) just make the subtle mods and stick with the stock look instead., clean it and color match the rest of the car and I think you got a very good begining...........

Nice work.
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer_E30 View Post
                              fuck nice plastic swap!!! just get an appron under the rear bumper.
                              thank you! and the rear apron is coming. but m30 engine's at the top of the list of priorities

Originally posted by lov-e30 View Post
                              I'm not dissing your ride or anything, but I kind of had the same EURORICER want to be look and I got schooled by the experts on the forum and let me tell you it was for the best.

Take all the bullshit mods off (hood hinges, swapmeet seats, ebay lights and spoilers that look horrible on your car) just make the subtle mods and stick with the stock look instead., clean it and color match the rest of the car and I think you got a very good begining...........

Nice work.
                              well thanks.
                              but for the record-if you're referring to my seats, lights and spoilers-my seats are bmw IS sport seats and the headlights are just H1's. spoilers are stock (except rear window spoiler and i like the look of it). i'm planning on eventually putting a kit on it that is all white. but until then, ricer BMW ftw.

Comment

Working...
                              X