TechII or IS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TechII or IS?

Forgive the filthy car. It was set for a good wash today but the weather is no good. I'm not sure how I feel about the techII. I'm going to sport it for a while and see hot it grows on me.

what do you guys think??

"We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

IS for me...looks cleaner
    www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

I think the M-Tech II wing looks totally out of place on an E30 unless you've got the rest of the kit to go with it.

It's just too tall and aggressive without the rest of the M-Tech II styling. My suggestion would be an M-Tech I wing.

Comment

i think the IS looks better with the roof rack. if you decide to remove it though i think the tech 2 would look better
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Much against everyone's taste on this forum, I actually don't like the way the M-Tech II lip looks. Personally I think it's a bit too much like a Zender piece. I say just keep the stock lip, although no lip at all looks nice.
          - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
          E36 325i sedan
          E30 325i sedan
          Volvo 945T

Comment

I feel like it's too much "round" on a "square" car without the pods and fronts and rears.

Damn everyone beat me while I was typing.

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
              Much against everyone's taste on this forum, I actually don't like the way the M-Tech II lip looks. Personally I think it's a bit too much like a Zender piece. I say just keep the stock lip, although no lip at all looks nice.
              I'm actually not a fan of it, either. The only time I do like it with the rest of the kit, but even then, it's still too much. The styling of it just doesn't match the rest of the car.

Comment

Definetly IS, the Tech2 looks out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                  I think the M-Tech II wing looks totally out of place on an E30 unless you've got the rest of the kit to go with it.

It's just too tall and aggressive without the rest of the M-Tech II styling. My suggestion would be an M-Tech I wing.

+100%
                  '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'd even trade someone for a tech 1. What do these things go for stateside?
                    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

take the tech2 apart and rock just the bottom piece
                      1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                      1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                      1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                      1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

I don't like tech2's either, but...

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                        that may not be such a bad idea...

Comment

Originally posted by T3rd Ferguson View Post
                          yea that looks pretty good too, the tech 2 like mentions looks too kitted or out of place than the iS or even tech 1 without having the rest of the kit.

Comment

That would be interesting to see, it wouldn't be as tall. Of course I still don't think the curviness of that lip/wing will go with the E30's boxiness. It's worth trying and getting a shot of.
                            - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                            E36 325i sedan
                            E30 325i sedan
                            Volvo 945T

Comment

Neither on a late model that has nothing else. Just my $.02.

Comment

Working...
                              X