• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a couple interior pics

- Nakamichi HU, MB Quart components
    - Bav Auto Berber mats (look nice, but I spent way too much money on mats),
    - Chrome trim rings
    - Failed attempt at covering rear parcel in black vinyl (I've got a new style one the way)
    - Painted door panels (was cardinal, now black, seats coming soon)
    - Anyone done something cool with their remote for their garage door opener, like integrate it into dash somewhere?
    - What part is my lighter assembly mssing?

where did you get the chrome gauge rings? wire the garage door opener to a e30 switch and hide the remote
    sigpic

Comment

my cigarette lighter did the same thing, its an easy fix. just go to the junkyard and get another ashtray surround, should be like 5 bucks. its annoying when you go to plug in a radar detector and the fuckin thing falls through... easy fix.
      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Nate325ic
        where did you get the chrome gauge rings? wire the garage door opener to a e30 switch and hide the remote
        Chrome rings from Flea Bay. I can't remember the seller. But they are the real metal ones, not the flexible plastic ones.

Comment

The Nakamichi deck looks awesome! Personally I think its the best looking CD receiver out there that matches well with the E30.

Comment

except it say nakamichi (way good shit) but not german... i really like how the stock tape deck looks... if only i still had it

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Damn, those floor mats are nice!

I'm going to have those same gauge rings, but mine will be the brushed aluminum ones. Chrome is the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by e30evolution
                except it say nakamichi (way good shit) but not german... i really like how the stock tape deck looks... if only i still had it
                i agree, but the Nak deck looks better then most in the dash... it doesn't stick out too far like most i've seen. It's the only reason I haven't changed out my stock deck and changer... but I really need to find an indash CD i like, that damn changer skips like a bitch ;)

The rear parcel shelf doesn't look bad, any more pics of it? Vinyl is tough to work with around corners and bends, not to mention you need a perfectly smooth surface or any flaw shows through. I had a tough time hiding the plastic pop clips when I recovered mine in ultrasuede.
                Chris
                90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by cramer
                  The rear parcel shelf doesn't look bad, any more pics of it?
                  Thanks. You really can't see it too well in the pics, but I covered the stock speaker holes with some cardboard inserts, than covered it with the vinyl. In person, you can really see were the speaker holes used to be. If I do it again with the new style one I'm getting from Eurospeed88, I'll put some thin foam on the back of the vinyl first. Hopefully that will take care of some of the imperfections. Though, it will make it more difficult to work the contours.

Comment

Originally posted by gszczyrb
                    If I do it again with the new style one I'm getting from Eurospeed88, I'll put some thin foam on the back of the vinyl first.
                    Oh, you're the one buying that!

I'm going to ship it out very soon, I can't find a damn box to fit it in! I'll go raid Sears' cardboard dumpster tonight, and I will get it out by the end of the week.

Comment

foam will more then likely make it worse, my guess it would make the vinyl look wavy. Best bet is to fiberglass over the speaker holes and make the transitions as smooth as possible where the fiberglass ends. Vinyl is also tough on tight bends, you could use fiberglass to smooth out the transition on the two levels and avoid it pulling up like in your second pic.
                      Chris
                      90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

foams not an good idea. and clean those windows man! Use some windex and newspaper.
                        ________
                        Halfbaked
                        Last edited by ///M42 sport; 04-30-2011, 05:18 PM.
                        Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                        http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M42 sport
                          foams not an good idea. and clean those windows man! Use some windex and newspaper.
                          Just did that yesterday, after I took the pics.

Comment

Working...
                          X