• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modding an E30 Vert

I've been modding my E30 vert, check out some pics if you want

Condition of the current top:

New top that is going on at the end of February

Added the German Flag colors, as a stripe, on the front grill.

I gave the grill a Satin Clear finish, making them look new again, and resprayed the kidney's gloss black with a coat of Clear Coat Gloss on top.

The bumper trim looked horrible

End Result:

I lowered the car with Eibach springs, so I have stock E30 springs for sale if anyone wants them.

New tires, going on as soon as I get my car to the shop.

I have the M style tail lights, which have an indent across the whole thing length-wise. I thought it would be better black.

Since I have an 88, the front valence on my car is of the "homeless fogs" type. Very ugly, very unclean. So, I got the front valence and fog lights from my buddy's old 89 325i Sedan. I'm just finished getting all the paint off of the new valence, and tonight I will be banging out that last few problem areas, then painting it in BMW Schwarz.

I'll post more later :pimp:

Damn. I like pretty much all of it except for the strip across the tail lights. Did you spray paint or hand paint the grille that got the German flag colors? The bumper trim looks 1000x better with some new paint on it.
    '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
      Damn. I like pretty much all of it except for the strip across the tail lights. Did you spray paint or hand paint the grille that got the German flag colors? The bumper trim looks 1000x better with some new paint on it.
      We taped up the grille to make sure the lines were perfect, but then we hand-painted it. When I'm driving on the road, it's very subtle, but i like the added touch.

Comment

did you paint the bumpers with satin paint?

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
          did you paint the bumpers with satin paint?
          nope, used Ultra-Flat Black

Comment

Not a fan of the taillights, but all else looks good

Comment

Not to big on the flag in the grill or black kidneys. And all early tails have that indent all the way across. But i would like to see more pictures of the car when done.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

honestly, get some better pictures, these look like ass.

sorry,
                Julien
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
                X