323i out of hibernation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323i out of hibernation

Pulled the euro out of its winter hibernation. Guess it's time to roll up my sleeves. The only things I did all winter was new(used) type 10 rims with dunlaps, cleaned up the wiring a little, fixed an oil leak, and prayed for a euro rear bumper. She ran pretty good after about a 10 min ride. Doglegs a little sticky. I think the lube on the taper spline is gunky and is affecting the release.Hate to pull the tranny for that. Besides the bumper any suggestions on where to start.

Some roundels would be nice instead of the non-sense ///M badge up front :)

Comment

Agreed on the thailand M badges. Bad choice. New roundels are on the list.

Comment

yeah just the roundels is all i can spot that i dont like, all the trim looks like its in great nick! and those wheels are simple and effective

s50 downunder yo!

Comment

what color is that, like an olive green? it looks good just ditch those roundels

Comment

Not a big fan of the roundel either but other than that it looks great! I love that color. I took my 318 out for the first time since October yesterday too, too bad it looks like the weather around here is gonna stay messy for a while longer.
            ::: Present -- '87 325e, '95 525i
            ::: Past -- '91 318i, '95 540i/6, '85 323i Euro, '86 325es, '86 325e, '84 318i

Comment

would look 10x better dropped, wheels look a little lost atm
              ///M Inside

Comment

Previous owner put Alpina springs on it. I would love to lower it but I thought the alpina's would give better performance. Anyone know about alpina springs? Are they a big deal or should I go low and ebay the alpinas?

Comment

I would keep them, how many you see for sale? I mean you can go low but do you want a soft or stiff ride?

Comment

Originally posted by lowbrow1 View Post
                    Previous owner put Alpina springs on it. I would love to lower it but I thought the alpina's would give better performance. Anyone know about alpina springs? Are they a big deal or should I go low and ebay the alpinas?
                    I call bullshit, even mtech springs are lower than what you have. maybe they are alpina valved factory bilsteins?
                    Build Threads:
                    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by redbull 325is View Post
                      I call bullshit, even mtech springs are lower than what you have. maybe they are alpina valved factory bilsteins?
                      No bullshit. The springs still have labels that read ALPINA 33-53-104.

Comment

i think that ride height looks good, and i wouldn't want to get rid of alpina springs.
                        with late model valances front and rear that thing would look tits, i can see it now!

We Will Rake You

Comment

suggestions huh? drop it, alpina front bumper, tarus sideskirts, ellips, shadowline, and no ///M badges. just my .02.
                          p.s. i love that color!!
                          sigpic

Comment

car is a beauty, get that rear euro and it will look so good. I also agree with the roundels, but each to our own.
                            Benji

'90 M50 + M3 Tranny e30 - SOLD
                            '99 528iT (M5 Rep bumper) - SOLD
                            '03 ML350 - For Sale

BIMMERLESS at the moment. :???:

Comment

Yep, good luck on the rear euro bumper, badges. car looks good, NY looks like WI right now.

Took my car out for the first time yesterday, got a ticket, registration was expired. :tsk:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X