New guy's AE86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy's AE86

Hey I figured it's time for me to introduce myself on here because my homepage recently changed from hr.net to r3v.
    My names Kendall and I'm currently looking into getting an e30 probably an early model with the diving boards because I like the euro bumpers and I understand that its a direct swap over from the diving boards.

I'm hoping to find a decent e30 to use as a daily driver because I need to get the paint done on my corolla and I want to do it myself.

Well heres some pictures of the rolla I might add a couple more tonight depending on when I get off.
    top is from the hachiroku.net pdx cruise to the coast
    and bottom if from the vip performance bbq corolla meet

lol
    My name is Kendall feel free to use it.
    Xbox gamertag = ITB4ag
    go figure, add me for Forza 2 drift/grip

god damnit

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
      god damnit
      ?
      Xbox gamertag = ITB4ag

Comment

Welcome to the site, cool little car you got. And nice wheels :o.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

damn that's a shitload of camber! Specs on the hachiroku?
          Originally posted by payney8
          We heard economics is american for card game t/f ? :P

Comment

It has about 5 deg of camber but most of that is to make the wheels fit with the t3 neg camber rca's.
            It doesn't understeer at all.

I'm running
            Work Equip 03's 15x8 0 offset (duh)
            Ueo style
            bomber bar/front strut tower brace/rear strut tower brace/panhard bar/inner tie rods
            T3 neg camber roll center adj
            Megan coilovers/camber plates/tension rods
            (I was iffy on using stuff from megan but the coilovers are actually made quite well, they are basically a knock off of the greddy system)
            Greddy/Trust DD exhaust
            gutted cat
            OBX SS header
            shitty e-bay HKS knockoff air filter
            TRD 2way LSD
            WPE 4.778 gears

and because of idiots trying to steal the ugly lil thing I have a nrg quick release/short hub/hub lock and a Nardi classic black leather steering wheel
            Xbox gamertag = ITB4ag

Comment

Steal? Has it been broken into? There is one for sale nearby and I was considering it...

Its probably sold by now.
              Reminiscing...

Comment

I seriously have money saved just in case I find an 86 for sale someday.
                Not that I care, of course.

Comment

I had a hachiroku in Japan, it was my first car. Sedan, though. Learned how to drive, drift, whatever in that thing. I think it's how I got so car crazy.
                  Slicktop City!

Comment

Actually about a year ago it was stolen and I was lucky enough to get it back in about 3 days only missing a broken stereo, sweater, cd's, and a piece of 3"x1/2" high speed steel sharpened into a lathe tool.
                    I bought the steering wheel setup and solex locks immediately afterwards.

The car is getting a lot more attention after that ff3 movie before I used to get corolla enthusiasts coming up to me every now and then, now its mostly Initial D fanboys and Drift posers.
                    I had a guy in a geo metro pull up to me while I was replacing a snapped driveshaft in my girlfriends AE86 in my apartment's carport to ask me if I would sell it to him. After telling him neither one is for sale he asked if I'd take him for a ride. It was a lot better when the drifting wasn't mainstream.

I get asked all the time to drift or if I would let them drive it, and the only three people that have ever driven my car are my girl, my drift buddy Adam, and LivingLegend06 off of here (because I wanted to drive his e30 lol).
                    Xbox gamertag = ITB4ag

Comment

Originally posted by eric (^__^) View Post
                      I seriously have money saved just in case I find an 86 for sale someday.
                      www.hachiroku.net nw based forum the owner is actually in Seattle
                      Craigslist

They are getting more expensive if you are serious you should probably try to pick one up soon sr5's are going for 1500-2200 and gts's are more.
                      Xbox gamertag = ITB4ag

Comment

Cool car, I dig those as well. But then again, I have a soft spot for lots of 80s cars.
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by ITB4ag View Post
                          www.hachiroku.net nw based forum the owner is actually in Seattle
                          Craigslist

They are getting more expensive if you are serious you should probably try to pick one up soon sr5's are going for 1500-2200 and gts's are more.
                          Nah, I'm holding out for a barn find.

(kind of)

Comment

It makes me sad because I remember seeing them around back in the late nineties. I had my heart set on a 2002, and I told a few friends to buy GTS's. They looked at me like I was crazy.

NOW WHO'S CRAZY

Comment

^^ lol yeah. i found mine in jacksonville for $1000. sold for $3600 two years later after i beat the shit out of it...but it had a 20v st and many more goodies. still rates as my funnest car yet...even over the e30. the e30 is just a MUCH nicer all around car and its got TORQUE!! (s52 i cheat)
                              No more e30s for me.
                              88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                              88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                              91 BMW 325i [sold]
                              86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Working...
                              X