Suspension Overhaul, no more 4x4 mode!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension Overhaul, no more 4x4 mode!!

So today I met up with greg (mtechnic3) and we did a little suspension overhaul on my car. I went from stock to an FK High Tec Kit 60/40mm . Looks, feels and rides amazing! To me, the stance is perfect! It took about 3 or 4 hours, and went really smoothly. Greg taught me how to do everything, so I actually did a lot of this (with his guidance) and now I think I could actually do it again alone if I had to, it was a really good learning experience for me too. Thanks to greg for helpin me out. Well here's the pics...

Before:

After: (a little settled, but not completely)

Front Close-Up:

Rear Close-Up:

Front Spring Comparison:

My Car and Gregs Car before my car settled at all:

The only thing "custom" i did with the kit was add a 10mm rear spring pad to bump up the back a little becuase I didnt want tire tuck. Tell me what you all think! Thanks,
    Dan

Not low enough.

Later fender arches are stupid.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

I think it looks good. Congrats on a job well done. Dont you have wheels on the way too?
      alpinas or borbets right?
      90 325is
      IE stage 3s and refeshed m20....

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
        Not low enough.

Later fender arches are stupid.
        um... its definately low enough, and it hasnt even settled yet, and what would you like me to do about my arches? at least it's not sagging in back like i've seen a lot of people do, and it's nicely raked, do you ever have positive comments?

No, I dont have wheels yet, but i figured suspension, then save for wheels, but im thinking type t's or kopis, I want somehting dark though, like ssr comp style, but more college student budget, not sure if that exists. thanks for the compliment.
        Dan

Comment

good job! looks freakin sweet! dont change it, its perfect! :)

Comment

thanks man
            Dan

Comment

holy rusted metal batman.... Looks good. The caps need to go, then it will look even better. It doesnt look as slammed as greg's car, but he has is spoiler which sits a bit lower than your valance. Those spring comparison shots are interesting. They are like 1/2 as tall as stock, my bavauto springs were taller than those and mine looks a bit lower in the front. Suspensions are weird..

btw, you get to ride in greg's car? How does the m50 pull?
              Old and improved:

Comment

i think it looks good now, but don't go any bigger than 15" wheels on it or it'll look too high again... unless it settles noticeably, anyway.

i love the way a raked late-arch e30 looks. time for an iS lip on yours, i think. :)
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

good height. Definately spend your next investment in attacking that metal and paint. You wouldnt want that to spread and nice wheels look odd next to rust bubbles.

Im diggin the rake.
                  Im now E30less.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EtaSport
                    holy rusted metal batman.... Looks good. The caps need to go, then it will look even better. It doesnt look as slammed as greg's car, but he has is spoiler which sits a bit lower than your valance. Those spring comparison shots are interesting. They are like 1/2 as tall as stock, my bavauto springs were taller than those and mine looks a bit lower in the front. Suspensions are weird..

btw, you get to ride in greg's car? How does the m50 pull?
                    after driving home and letting it settle, it lokks about as low as gregs car (the hood at least, his valence is lower by about and inch) after the car settles it will be about like yours I think, its already about the same, I actually didnt get to ride in gregs car, but I can definately tell it pulls. Keep in mind my car only has about 34mm drop in back because I added a spring pad becuase lower rear arched blow and i didnt want to tuck (which it isnt at the time being (yet)). thanks for the compliment,
                    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart
                      good height. Definately spend your next investment in attacking that metal and paint. You wouldnt want that to spread and nice wheels look odd next to rust bubbles.

Im diggin the rake.
                      yea, im lovin the height and rake, the rust is next. it's not as bad as it looks in the pics, but its not good. with wheels, this'll look 100x better. thanks man,
                      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dk
                        i think it looks good now, but don't go any bigger than 15" wheels on it or it'll look too high again... unless it settles noticeably, anyway.

i love the way a raked late-arch e30 looks. time for an iS lip on yours, i think. :)
                        i was actually thinking 16's, but i would like some ronal LS as well. IS lip is next after wheels and rust. thanks man,
                        Dan

Comment

Thats cool. Yea, it does look a bit lower in those last few pictures.. are those bbs rz in 16 inch on gregs car? For some reason they dont quite look like 15s, but if i remember right he ad 225s? or 215s? which would yield a slightly different sidewall than mine, making the wheels look bigger. Silver is a hot color, rims will only set it off.. 4 doors can be cool too.
                          Old and improved:

Comment

his are 15's, but he is running a little bit undersized tires, they look really good though.
                            Dan

Comment

Hey, looks good....the front doesn't look much lower than mine...ahh well

your front and rear close ups look exactly the same

Comment

Working...
                              X