My car will eat your e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car will eat your e30

So as a few of you may know Ive been away from the boards for a while. The past year has been quite an adventure. After graduating from SLU I moved to Cape Cod and spent 5 months living on the beach. Come October I packed up everything in my life back east and trekked out to Jackson WY, and have spent the last 6 months snowboarding everyday. Turns out Jackson Hole had their best season (in terms of snowfall, consistency, and radness). Sold the 318 in January to support the dream, which was necessary but I think Im having withdrawel symptoms. Automatic, slow, SUV's that dont handle that well dont really crank the excitment knob up to 11, but I have to say this is the best SUV Ive ever driven. Its a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, completely stock 4.0. 131K. Best part, I got it for a grand (yes a grand), changed the oil, drove it cross country all winter, and it purrs like a kitten. Everything works, and outside of a few scratchs and dents, its mint. Anyway, I know its not an e30 but heres a few pics I took tonight in the Grand Teton National Park, ten minutes from my driveway.

Like I said, its no e30, but this thing gets me over the pass in 36+ inches of snow, starts everyday, and even gets 20 mpg on the highway. Im back in the market this summer for a nice weekend/summer e30, I just cant stay away. Anyways enjoy, threw in a scenic shot for shits and giggles.
    Attached Files
    Back to my roots

wow you bought that for a grand!!!

very nice indeed, and nice mountains

s50 downunder yo!

Comment

Yeah, a buddy of mine needed to get rid of it quick. Catch was I had to make it from Orleans, MA (60 miles out on Cape Cod) to Sebago Lake in Maine and back in one night. Lets just say I had quite the joy ride up there in the 318 to make it there and back in time. Best deal Ill ever get on a car guaranteed. This thing runs perfectly.
      Back to my roots

Comment

For a grand? Steal of the century. My other ride is a 2000 Jeep GC Laredo, 2x4. Bought it with 160k miles. Changed the oil and drove to Boston and Back to TN, then to Chicago and St. Louis over the summer. It ran flawlessly and decent on gas mileage to my surprise. They say the straight six is very durable. I have to agree.

Comment

Working...
        X