Finished . . .for now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished . . .for now.

So I bought a roller and took most of the go from my beater and swapped it in. I'll admit that I kind of went from one beater to another...but this one has far less cosmetic problems all in all. One of the many problems with previous car was basketball sized rust holes in the trunk behind the wheel wells.
    In the process of swapping motor, cooling system, trannie, driveshaft, wiring, and a couple other small things here and there I cleaned up the motor a bit and replaced all cooling hoses with every gasket on the top half except the head gasket(<---hope I don't regret this later). Oh and a new thermostat housing(old one was cracked). New center support bearing. New CAB's and arms. And it came with a front adjustable sway bar (methinks it IE).
    I think it turned out pretty good...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	7208914

Name:	GD5.jpg
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	7208915

Name:	GD9.jpg
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	7208916
    The PO had a rather large wheels yet did not roll the fenders so they could use to be fixed/replaced in the front(read sig) not to mention the rather large crease in the front of the drivers side fender. There is also some damage in the rear but nothing not fixable. Needless to say it is on a salvage title so the more money I put into it I wont get back but I don't care. She makes me happy.

Name:	GD1.jpg
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	7208917

Name:	GD7.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	7208918
    edit: thanks to everyone/anyone who's answered a question of mine in the past 3 weeks cause its prolly been about this project.
    Last edited by badvibrations; 04-20-2008, 06:27 PM. Reason: I'm rude...

Equal rights should be all or nothing, not picked and chosen based on what's convenient for ones personal agenda.

Red interiors are hawt.

Comment

God I love cardinal red. I had the chance to trade my whole tan sport interior for a tan cardinal, and didn't do it, and I kick myself all the time for it.

Comment

driving happy is what its all about. enjoy it! :)
        ipod placement is genious.

Comment

Originally posted by LovableSheep View Post
          Red interiors are hawt.
          Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          God I love cardinal red....
          I even like it worn...I'll sport those seats till they fall apart!

Originally posted by rodrigo View Post
          ...ipod placement is genious.
          Ja, this just seems to be the best place i could find...I like it there.

Equal rights should be all or nothing, not picked and chosen based on what's convenient for ones personal agenda.

Comment

Man that looks really nice. I'll keep an eye out for the fenders and trunk. I'll let you know if I find them in good shape.

E30Fiend
            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Getting there for Shirley :up: ! :D

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by abigballafb76 View Post
                Man that looks really nice. I'll keep an eye out for the fenders and trunk. I'll let you know if I find them in good shape.
                THNKS That would be great...It really needs paint as well(typical roof clearcoat failure) but clean color matched sheet metal always helps in making it pass as clean and shiny!:D Bumper tuck and better springs is next in the mix.
                Originally posted by mtechnik View Post
                Getting there for Shirley :up: ! :D
                Thanks but ...who's Shirley and where am I getting for her?

Comment

i think its crazy hot. i may be a little biased cause it looks like my car minus 2 doors.

delphin + cardinal sport seats + diving boards + es/is lip = ftw
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aproy View Post
                    i think its crazy hot. i may be a little biased cause it looks like my car minus 2 doors.

delphin + cardinal sport seats + diving boards + es/is lip = ftw
                    Should we start an army or a stratigic comand?

Comment

doesn't look to bad...

hows it goin?
                      sigpic

Comment

upclose shots of IPOD connection?
                        PNW Crew
                        90 m3
                        06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.sexymorningvoice View Post
                          doesn't look to bad...
                          hows it goin?
                          Not bad. . . movin outta state(AZ) in a couple months. You?

Originally posted by uofom3 View Post
                          upclose shots of IPOD connection?
                          It's just plugged in to the front of the head unit...its just wedged imbetween the bolster and the senter of the seat...If you want a pic ill get one though...

Comment

Working...
                          X