Autopal H4/h1 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autopal H4/h1 Upgrade

THIS IS MY 85 318I.....I'VE HAD HER FOR 4 YEARS NOW (5 IN JUNE)......I JUST GOT MY AUTOPAL HEADLIGHTS TODAY......WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE.....I REALLY RECOMMEND THESE IF YOUR LOOKING FOR AN UPGRADE AND DON'T WANT TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY.....
    CITY LIGHTS
    LOW BEAMS
    HIGH BEAMS
    :up:

are these just bulbs? and what is "city lights"? they look bright as hell.
    Originally posted by jrhaile
    For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

NOPE IF U HAVE THE SEALED BEAMS THESE ARE COMPLETE HOUSINGS WITH INTERCHANGEABLE LIGHTS I GOT THEM HERE....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...07.m29.....THE CITY LIGHTS ARE ACTUALLY DIM BUT IN THE PICS THEY DO LOOK BRIGHT.....THEY'RE LIKE THE DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS YOU SEE ON NEWER CARS

Comment

ok. i guess they're h4 & h1 reflector buckets. are those HIDs in the low beam? if so, i feel sorry for the folks in front of you.

Comment

city lights in day....i have hella H4's though

-His-
          87 e30 325i
          87 e24 m6
          05 e83 x3
          94 e32 740i 5spd
          -Hers-
          89 e30 325i
          18 f48 x1

Comment

interesting what you did w/ your CA plate. looks pretty good, though highly illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by doogie howser View Post
              interesting what you did w/ your CA plate. looks pretty good, though highly illegal.
              HAHA....THANKS YEAH A LOT OF PEOPLE ASK ME THAT.....I JUST FOLDED THE PLATE ON TOP OF THE LETTERS......AND I HAVE GOTTEN PULLED OVER A COUPLE OF TIMES AND THE COPS DON'T EVEN MIND.....I'VE HAD IT LIKE THIS FOR MORE THAN 2 YEARS

Comment

i see you are both in cen cal and nor cal. what area's? i live in marysville and work in fresno.
                Originally posted by jrhaile
                For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

I Live In Watsonville......close To Santa Cruz Or Monterey

Comment

I used to live in Santa Cruz, love that place. Im ordering mine on friday, kinda ironic you just posted about them.

it almost looks like your upgraded to the blue bulbs?

Comment

Originally posted by dvmotorsports View Post
                      i see you are both in cen cal and nor cal. what area's? i live in marysville and work in fresno.
                      say what?! that's a hell of a commute. you have a helicopter?

i live on the peninsula, SF bay.

Comment

Originally posted by z50_Jumper View Post
                        I used to live in Santa Cruz, love that place. Im ordering mine on friday, kinda ironic you just posted about them.

it almost looks like your upgraded to the blue bulbs?
                        YUP GOT THE ULTRA BLUE 60/55W FOR BOTH LOWS AND HIGHS.....A LITTLE NOTE THOUG WHEN I PUT THE HIGH BEAMS IT KEPT BLOWING THE FUSES SO I JUST UPGRADED FROM A 7.5 TO A 20 AMP FUSE....

Comment

Originally posted by 318INPROGRESS View Post
                          YUP GOT THE ULTRA BLUE 60/55W FOR BOTH LOWS AND HIGHS.....A LITTLE NOTE THOUG WHEN I PUT THE HIGH BEAMS IT KEPT BLOWING THE FUSES SO I JUST UPGRADED FROM A 7.5 TO A 20 AMP FUSE....
                          glad to see that they weren't HIDs. is it safe to run a 20 amp on wiring that's made for 7.5? did you run new wire?

Comment

CAPS LOCK!!!!!!

and yeah it does just look like they are upgraded to blue, but they are bright

s50 downunder yo!

Comment

Originally posted by doogie howser View Post
                              glad to see that they weren't HIDs. is it safe to run a 20 amp on wiring that's made for 7.5? did you run new wire?
                              +1 - bad idea to just upgrade the fuse without making sure the wiring can handle it. I ran new wire and used relays to make sure I wasn't overloading the circuit.

Unless, of course, you have a fire extinguisher strapped to your driver's seat. Post pics when it burns up.

:)
                              John in MD - 1991 318is
                              190k miles and still rolling!

Comment

Working...
                              X