A few (shitload) pics of the 87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few (shitload) pics of the 87

Well I've never really posted any pics of my current E30, but today after a solid 7 hours of detailing, I think I can throw up a few. Please excuse the crappy photography skills and some of the crappier pics (iPhone). I'll throw them up in order (from when I first purchased it about 51 weeks ago till present date).

Took it home, and zaino'd the crap out of it the first week

Nothing really happened to the car for the first 5 months (sans 3 road trips to San Diego, and 2 road trips to LA). Then I picked up some K1's

All tucked away

UUC rotors

Installed

Started to work on the suspension. Stock rear spring vs IE3 rear spring.

Monster Truckin'

Stock front spring vs IE3 front spring

Starting/During the detail today

Ahh, the goods!

My back and knees would hurt even worse it if weren't for this!

Damn, its getting up there

Alpine, Giga Airspencer (FTMFW), and V1 not so hardwired

Waiting for the Z2 to cure :shifty

And now its all cured (would have liked to have put one last coat on, but I was losing daylight hours)

And thats about it for now :) Anyone who would like to make a sig for me, would be greatly appreciated (one of the last 3 or 4 pics would be awesome!) Hope you enjoy

That looks wicked man!
    1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

nice dude id remove those fogs to make it even cleaner up front. lovin the early model

Comment

looks good for a 4 door.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

nice ride

Comment

Clean!

www.stancefactory.com

Comment

you should come detail my car :) looks good. what size tires are you running?
              Matt

sigpic

Comment

So for a detailing noob such as myself, what exactly did you do?

I'm willing to dedicate 7 hours or more if necessary to get my car looking THAT clean!

Danke!

Comment

i would normally do this over 2 days to let everything cure a bit better but:

- washed with palmolive (dawn works best) to remove all previous work (be it wax, sealant, etc).

- washed with zaino wash

- clay'd entire car (with z6 spray and z18 claybar)

- dried thoroughly

- applied 1 coat z5 (waited an hour and took off), applied 2nd coat of z5... waited another hour and took that off (i would normally wait a couple hours, but seeing as time was limited... screw it)

- applied 1 coat of z2 waited an hour and a half and then took that off

while things were curing, i cleaned and conditioned the leather, cleaned the wheels inside and out, put on tire gel, wiped down the dash and center console, cleaned all the door pangels, and cleaned inside all the door jambs, behind the doors (where the wiring looms are, etc) and underneath all the doors, and under the rain gutters.

took a while to get all of it, but its pretty damn clean now. the only thing i didn't do (got lazy) was vacuum

Comment

well looks like i got my next weekend planned out...haha

Comment

looks really nice.
                      you should have that BIG ass dent removed though.

Comment

looking good, esp from when I saw it all bone stock..

Comment

Nice nice. Detail magic.

"Ass Cleaner" though???!!!! :lol
                          What was orignially on the label before the letter(s) got smudged out?

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

dent will probably be pulled next, however i'm really shooting to get my oil pan done next (the threads on the drain plug side are stripped and i don't want to re-thread it). so new pan, new oil pump, new gasket, and a crank scraper to go with it all. shit is going to be like 600 :(

the "ass cleaner" was glass cleaner before ;)

thanks brad!

Comment

sharp looking 4 door man!
                              "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X