Click image for larger version

Name:	M-Tech 1 E30 11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	7209004
    ainadude
    Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

1991 325i 2dr. 5sp, delphin, w/freshly re-skinned IS sport seats/15" Ronal cross-spokes

1976 Triumph Spitfire w/1.8-liter Miata engine/transmission, koa dash with TR6 oil/volt gauges, lowered suspension, 14" Minilite replicas and more

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Super sweet. One you get the rear valence and lower it, it'll be all set.
    Present BMWs: E30 325iC, E39 540 Sport 6-speed, E60 M5 SMG

E30 Cabrio Turbo Project

Comment

Oddly enough, it is lowered (Dinan Stage II). I think the weight loss from the front and rear is having an effect.

Re the rear valance, it's still in the box awaiting the arrival of some key trim pieces. Once I've got them in hand and are satisfied everything fits as it should, I'll have the valance painted and throw it into the mix.

Meanwhile, here are some interior shots. Note: they are several years old. Right now, I've got some cracking on the inboard bolster of the driver's seat and the pics don't show the M-Tech II steering wheel I picked up a couple of years ago.

Name:	NewInt06.jpg
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	7106962

Name:	NewInt07.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	7106963

Name:	NewInt08.jpg
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	7106964

Name:	NewInt04.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	7106965
      Last edited by ainadude; 05-07-2008, 08:23 AM.
      ainadude
      Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

1991 325i 2dr. 5sp, delphin, w/freshly re-skinned IS sport seats/15" Ronal cross-spokes

1976 Triumph Spitfire w/1.8-liter Miata engine/transmission, koa dash with TR6 oil/volt gauges, lowered suspension, 14" Minilite replicas and more

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

VERY NICE! VERY VERY NICE!

(I think you should paint or replace the front and rear window lock strip to black)
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          VERY NICE! VERY VERY NICE!

(I think you should paint or replace the front and rear window lock strip to black)
          X2 I LOVE AlpineWhite MT1! IT looks ridiculous! What I would give to be able to do an MT1...

I disagree, I think the trim compliments the Eruo Bumpers very nicely.
          -Erik
          '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
          I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Thanks, George. Actually, I had to pull the windshield to address some cancer prior to the re-spray, so I went ahead and got a new gasket. Since I was going that far, I went ahead and got new trim front and rear. Since I was going that far, I went ahead and picked up new front and rear Roundels. Since I was going that far, I bit the bullet and bought a new power antenna. (Anyone recognizing a pattern here?)

Have spent way too much money on it the past month but it's truly a labor of love. By far the best car I've ever owned.
            Last edited by ainadude; 05-07-2008, 08:23 AM.
            ainadude
            Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

Originally posted by ainadude View Post
              Oddly enough, it is lowered (Dinan Stage II). I think the weight loss from the front and rear are having an effect.

I think so too, here's a pic I snapped prior to bumper swap.
              Weight savings rounds up to about 50+ Lbs. schweet :)
              Remember, we could swap spring pads for thinner ones., tha'll only lower it about 1/3"

It's so nice to see it come together.

Comment

Very clean

[Avus Blau] [UUC] [Borbet] [Tein]

Comment

BMW really over did it with diving boards back in the day, stupid regulations.

Real solid investment Ainadude

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

i like your steez bro
                    85 325e | 88 325i Cabrio | 90 M3 | 96 Porsche Carrera (993)

Comment

dude, very nice and clean. love the interior. great taste you have there.

Comment

Nicely.

Are those euro weaves? Regardless, you should take them off and spray them with clear coat in a can. They look like the clear coat is gone and it would really help them out with cleaning and stuff. Car looks sick.

Comment

Very nice.. It's really coming along

Comment

Thanks to all, especially fporro, who has been a lot of help with the conversion. Remember the line from "Zorro" from a few years back? "When the student is ready the master will appear?" This is a case in point. I'd been looking high and low for somebody with some experience doing a Euro bumper conversion on an E30 (I've never seen one on Oahu) -- posting basically worldwide at a number of E30 and other BMW sites (didn't know about R3V at that point).

Then, one day on my way into work, I'm at the gas station filling up. Fporro pulls up to the pump behind me, gets out and introduces himself, saying he'd checked out my car on several occasions. Turns out, not only has he done the conversion, but he lives about 200 yards away! When I told him of my plans, he said he'd give me a hand getting the car together.

The bumpers and front spoiler had been sitting in a closet for about two years. At this point. With fporro in my corner, I pulled the trigger on the paint and bodywork the following week and, now, a little over a month later, it's just about done. Really can't thank him enough. Great guy, one who's probably forgotten more about E30s than I'll ever know.

Now he needs to ship one of the two E30s he has in California out here to Hawaii!
                            ainadude
                            Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

fuckin' hot... but they are all white these days..
                              PNW Crew
                              90 m3
                              06 m5

Comment

Working...
                              X