Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty new here, pic's of my e30!(56k=no no)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PУCCKAЯ_e30ka View Post
    looks nice! I like the color and the stance
    Thanks, I want to go a little bit lower. But I was reading about the GC setup and having to cut the strut tubes to do it. It looks like a pretty big pain in the ass. I was thinking H&R race or IR stage 3 springs. But aren't the spring rates pretty soft for both of those? I'm looking to do a little auto-x'ing on the side and want something pretty stiff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
      Now take the money you saved on those wheels and get some new 9" Kodiak barrels for them!
      Thanks actually the plan, but not that aggressive. I just wanted to add that 2" barrels so i'd be at 8.5". Although am I right in thinking that either way i'd have to roll and pull the fenders?

Comment

Won't necessarly have to pull them, but it would be a good idea to roll them at least. My wheels are 16x7 with 205/50 tires with an ET20 offset, and I rolled my fronts just for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
          Won't necessarly have to pull them, but it would be a good idea to roll them at least. My wheels are 16x7 with 205/50 tires with an ET20 offset, and I rolled my fronts just for good measure.
          Ok great. I'd really like to get low, so it'll deff be a good idea for me!

Comment

Originally posted by tecks2k View Post
            Thanks, I want to go a little bit lower. But I was reading about the GC setup and having to cut the strut tubes to do it. It looks like a pretty big pain in the ass. I was thinking H&R race or IR stage 3 springs. But aren't the spring rates pretty soft for both of those? I'm looking to do a little auto-x'ing on the side and want something pretty stiff.
            very clean car.

The H&R race springs are great for auto-x. The spring rate is pretty soft compared to coilovers but they are still great springs.

for some comparison:

pulled right from the search bar.

Stock M3 -> 140 -> 250
            Dinan Sport -> 172 -> 300
            H&R Race -> 315 -> 570
            H&R Sport -> 185 -> 380
            Eibach Pro-kit -> 102 -> 277
            Eibach Race -> 160 -> 445
            Ireland Stage 3 -> 315 -> 570
            Tokico Kit - > 165 - > 265

the springs are the same stiffness but they are pretty soft when compared to 550 fr 750 r coilovers. I prefer H&R race with billstein sports over coils.
            Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
            Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

yummo! that looks sick with dem rims. Imo shadowline and an IS front lip would'nt hurt
              harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                yummo! that looks sick with dem rims. Imo shadowline and an IS front lip would'nt hurt
                Well tomorrow, i'm going to do my own shadow line trim, and i've already ordered an IS front lip and a splitter. Just waiting for them to get here.

I really wanted the GC coils b/c of the spring rates. But i'm just not sure if I feel like messing with the strut tubes. I've already got billy sports and eibach sports on the car. So I thought about just switching the springs out. But if I cut the strut tubes, can I still use my billy sports?

Comment

well then your one step ahead of me:p
                  harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                    well then your one step ahead of me:p
                    Nah just lucky!

Comment

Clean whip bro.

Welcome to r3v.

H&R Race with some nice sway bars should be good enough for some auto-x.

Definitely get some fatter lips on those wheels; sweet come up!
                      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Thanks again guys for the welcome.

Did anyone see the question about using my billy sports? Just wondering if I can use them even after I cut the strut tubes for the GC coils.

Comment

Working...
                          X