Festival Of Speed @ Laguna Seca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Festival Of Speed @ Laguna Seca

so my buddy and i flew out to california for 10 days, flew into san francisco and drove down the PCH to southern california, along the way we stopped at Laguna Seca for the festival of speed, enjoy the pics!

the infamous corkscrew

some cars in attendance:

atlantic cars (that kid from malcom in the middle was racing these)

check the three wheel action:

white shorts....she was a cutie

camped out near the corkscrew, partied that night and woke up to see the fog rolling in over the track, awesome time!!! thanks for looking
    "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Right on dude! Looks like you and i had a similar time. I was at limerock park from saturday till monday.

Looks like you had a good time too :)

Nice pics!

I think i would have a hard time bringing my car to laguna seca. I feel like i would over shoot the corkscrew just like i do in gran turismo every time
    -Chris

Comment

yeah it was a great time! quite a few cars over shot the turn, sat there pretty much the whole day
      "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

Damn I love Laguna Seca. Looks like there were some great sights to see.
        -Erik
        '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
        I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by geoffp View Post
          some cars in attendance:
          One of my favorite vehicles, EVER.

The Blastolene Special is a 22.5-foot-long, 8,500-pound, open-wheeled roadster, very reminiscent of the Bonneville cars that ran the dry lakes in the mid-1930s. It features a 1,800-cubic-inch, gas-burning V-12 out of an M-47 Patton tank. It rides on a 190-inch wheel base and features a hand-formed aluminum body.

Comment

i will be there in july for motogp. oh yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by So Live View Post
              Looks like you and i had a similar time. I was at limerock park from saturday till monday.
              so was I, it was great ! ;)

Originally posted by So Live View Post
              I think i would have a hard time bringing my car to laguna seca. I feel like i would over shoot the corkscrew just like i do in gran turismo every time
              not true, when I drove the Lagua Seca, it felt totally different from teh video game, the speed perception is different, you don't come to that turn with all out speed leaving the braking to the last moment.. that turn is totally blind, you brake at your marker and then just turn the steering wheel and go into the turn without really seeing the turn, it's tricked but not that crazy... just have to make sure you don't go nuts into the turn

this car is the rarest of the CLKs, the real DTM, not one of the 350 imported CLK 63 Black series.. this is the true baller..

PS Thanks for the pics

Comment

I love Laguna Seca, used to live an hour from that track and would go to every race I could. Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Working...
                X