Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just lowered my car, got pics and a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just lowered my car, got pics and a question...

So I just lowered my car with Vogtland Springs and Bilstein Sports. Man, quite a bit of work for a couple weeknights. Anyway, I know it needs to settle some but right after I finished I took it around the neighborhood to hit a few dips to help it settle.

I hit one dip and after the car started pulling to the left like the alignment was way off. Then I hit a second and it started pulling to the right. Then a third and it started going straight again.

I'm hoping it's just settling but has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm gonna retighten everything tomorrow morning just to make sure. Anyway, on to the pics...

before...

after...

before...

after...

and a few more afters...

what color is that?

Comment

battleship grey?

take the spring pads out in front, will give you a better stance. PS: i lol'd at the after pic with the busted lip.
      IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

It's supposed to be Lachssilber Metallic but the original owner had a 1 day job put on and it ruined it.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
          battleship grey?

take the spring pads out in front, will give you a better stance. PS: i lol'd at the after pic with the busted lip.
          Yeah, I need to get some zip ties.

Doesn't the car squeak with the pads out? I don't know if I'm up for taking everything apart again just to get them out.

Comment

just jack up the car, and cut them out.
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

So are my weird alignment problems normal? Will it straighten out in a few days? I'm gonna get her aligned next week.

Comment

Barely looks like its lowered. If you hadn't had before and after pics I wouldn't have noticed.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by dandingo View Post
                  So are my weird alignment problems normal? Will it straighten out in a few days? I'm gonna get her aligned next week.
                  anytime you swap suspension you need to get an alignment after it's done.
                  -Erik
                  '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                  I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
                    Yeah I know. I always do. I was referring to what I said at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by dandingo View Post
                      Yeah I know. I always do. I was referring to what I said at the top.
                      Well in that case... The only answer I would have is, "It's an E30, anything can happen."
                      -Erik
                      '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
                      I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Sounds like something is loose..

The moar gravities affecting your lip also is not cool
                        ///M Inside

Comment

usually when a car pulls one way and then the other and has a hard time centering it's because it's towed out. Even a slight tow out by about 1/8" will cause it. I'm guessing that your car is more around 1/4" out though. You can try to move each tie rod end in by about 1/8"-1/16" to see if it helps, but I'd highly recommend you just go get it aligned. All they can set is the tow so it's cheap to just get a 2-wheel alignment.

and +1 on pulling the spring pads, it shouldn't squeek, I rarely run pads and don't have issues. I know the first time you do suspension it feels like an ordeal, but it's really not that bad. I can do full front and back struts and springs in under an hour and a half now.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                          1989 325iC M50 Vert
                          1989 325i Coupe
                          1991 318is
                          1995 318ti Club Sport
                          2006 330i e90
                          2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post

AMEN.

Comment

Yeah, you should seriously get an alignment before you drive any kind of distance. If it is off by too much, you will wear out your tires extremely fast. Like brodee already said, if the toe is off you will get a lot of bump/slope steer. Since toe is the only thing that's adjustable, you can do a temporary alignment yourself, but it's probably best if you get it on a rack and have it done properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X