Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ride, non-E30 content but still GERMAN. Hint - MKII??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ride, non-E30 content but still GERMAN. Hint - MKII??

So here it is, just picked it up a few hours ago. 5-speed, 8v. I got this for my dad and I to use as a run-around-town car with gas prices nearing $300/gal. It needs a few things but absolutely nothing major (yet). Man does it runs perfect. The dude had THE MOST OBNOXIOUS honda muffler on it that spit back everytime you'd shift. It was louder than a hooker on a tree stump so we put the stock one on.

The paint and interior are ridiculously clean. All it needs is a good detail and to repaint the wheels back to stock color. Man the dude really botched those things

Those are great. I had an '86 8V GTI but sold it in '91 to fund an '82 Fiat Spider project. That was a dumb move. Congrats on your score!
    Present BMWs: E30 325iC, E39 540 Sport 6-speed, E60 M5 SMG

E30 Cabrio Turbo Project

Comment

The car looks good, but your right the wheels definitely need a change.

Comment

Cool little car, congrats on the purchase. :)

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
        MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
        | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Looks really clean, congrats on the purchase.

Comment

Very clean, but not low enough :D

Comment

I am envious. I'm starting to think I need a cheap on gas daily beater. 16 mpg of premium is starting to add up.

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments! It definitely needs the wheels painted and needs to be lowered but I'm gonna keep it stock for the time being since this'll be my dad's daily driver for awhile.

He's driving his Dodge Ram a crapload around town and spending entirely too much on gas. This thing will literally pay for itself in about 4 months. I really really want to lower it just enough but that'll have to wait.

Comment

fucking clean! proper sick car!
                  sigpic
                  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I'm a resolute Volkswagen hater but I have a soft spot for the things from my childhood. Looks really damn clean, and probably fun to drive, Good thing you saved her from the Krauter.
                    sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
                    Current:
                    1988 325is S52
                    Former:
                    2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
                    1988 M5
                    1996 328is

Comment

Yeah, this thing is pretty damn clean for an all original car. It was first bought in Socal and has been here it's entire life so that definitely helps. Not a spot of rust I can see anywhere. Everytime I look at it with those black wheels it reminds of of a short fat old guy with shorts, birkenstocks and black socks on.

Comment

man i want MK4. so badly!!!
                        Originally posted by e30e
                        lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Very nice...
                          coils and som basket weaves and you're set for a DD.
                          Nice pickup..

Comment

Only in SoCal will you find an MKII that clean

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
                              Only in SoCal will you find an MKII that clean
                              No doubt. Most other places if the car has 175k miles it's just trouble. It's given me no problems so far and damn does it get good gas mileage!

Comment

Working...
                              X