long time since i posted here...i r3v'd then upgraded

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • King Luis
    replied
    Originally posted by JGood
    LOL. Hopefully the real world doesn't slap you too hard.

    Then again, if mommy and daddy let you live at home, owning sports cars, until you're near your mid-life-crisis, I'm sure they won't let it.

    2.5 years to pay off an m3? Fuck, if I was living at home at 22 and didn't pay for housing and school, I'd have it paid off less then a year. And I still don't consider myself "doing well".

    But brag as you must... And I'll judge as I must.

    pay it off in less then a year? what do you do for a living may i ask?
    are you factoring in gas, clothes, going out, anything that doesn't include some food and house bills?
    i think i earned my car although scoring a co-op job and going full time after college at 19yrs old helps. i didn't slack off and didn't waste my money one dumb things like lots of people do. i buy things to keep and enjoy. why buy a civic that i won't care about or instead buy a car that i like and will take care of it so it'll last forever.
    just wondering, whats the average price of a house and average age in the states for:
    finishing school (college/university)
    moving out from home
    starting a career or full time job
    retirement
    ????


    jflip2002 - you had the choice to get the car, but lets say you crashed the e30. would you go for the m5 instead or look for another e30? same choice i had to make. i decided to move up.
    Last edited by King Luis; 07-02-2008, 07:39 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • JGood
    replied
    Originally posted by King Luis
    european families are a bit different when it comes to their kids moving out and they don't make them pay rent. they rather have them save their money so they can move out. exactly what i was doing until i crashed.
    i'm making some good money and i decided to get the car i wanted instead of getting something i'd have to think, would of been sweet if i got the m3 instead of a 325.
    car is going to be paid off next year if your all wondering. 2.5 years to pay off an m3 i think is pretty quick.
    401k i assume is like retirement funds right? well in canada its a bit different when it comes to that, i'm putting money into investments and my pension plan. also working for the government has probably the best benefits around. and living at home doesn't mean sitting on my ass, i do work around here and pay for things.
    so don't be so quick to judge. different people have different opportunities and take different roads.

    LOL. Hopefully the real world doesn't slap you too hard.

    Then again, if mommy and daddy let you live at home, owning sports cars, until you're near your mid-life-crisis, I'm sure they won't let it.

    2.5 years to pay off an m3? Fuck, if I was living at home at 22 and didn't pay for housing and school, I'd have it paid off less then a year. And I still don't consider myself "doing well".

    But brag as you must... And I'll judge as I must.

    Leave a comment:


  • heelN'toe joe
    replied
    Damn, The car(s) I could afford if I still lived with mommy and daddy! (dreaming away)

    I would take the satisfaction of independence any day over a fancy ride that's completely over my driving skills (yours too?)

    to each his own...

    Leave a comment:


  • jflip2002
    replied
    Originally posted by Lof8
    I find that to be funny. "I've got an m3, but I live with my parents" For me at least, those priorities would be switched.
    +1. Nice ride none the less. I found myself in the same boat when I got a raise.... Live with the parents and own an E39 m5, or keep an E30 and live by the beach. I chose the freedom.

    Leave a comment:


  • King Luis
    replied
    european families are a bit different when it comes to their kids moving out and they don't make them pay rent. they rather have them save their money so they can move out. exactly what i was doing until i crashed.
    i'm making some good money and i decided to get the car i wanted instead of getting something i'd have to think, would of been sweet if i got the m3 instead of a 325.
    car is going to be paid off next year if your all wondering. 2.5 years to pay off an m3 i think is pretty quick.
    401k i assume is like retirement funds right? well in canada its a bit different when it comes to that, i'm putting money into investments and my pension plan. also working for the government has probably the best benefits around. and living at home doesn't mean sitting on my ass, i do work around here and pay for things.
    so don't be so quick to judge. different people have different opportunities and take different roads.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ray Smoodiver
    replied
    Who the fuck in their right mind would "want" to stay at home till 26? I bailed as soon as I could. Own roof ftmfw.

    Leave a comment:


  • JGood
    replied
    The only reason I'm even going to say any of this is because of this quote:

    Originally posted by King Luis
    not bad for 22 year old huh? :P


    Originally posted by King Luis
    what would of your choice of been?
    lol, how about a standard e46? 1/3 the price, cheaper maintenance, cheaper insurance, etc... Or, like z31maniac said, if you are truthfully looking for something cheap and reliable, and not trying to be a "live with the parents balla", you could get a Corolla or Civic.

    And I thought I was a loser for living at home until I was 21 and having 2 e30's. At least I paid rent and bought groceries and shit. Please tell me you do that much? Are you seriously going to live at home until you're 26?



    "Not bad for a 22 yr old" would be someone who has no debt, a house or apartment, 1 or 2 reliable vehicles, a stable, well paying job, good benefits, a good start on 401k ($5k-$10k), etc... Not an e46 M3 and living at home with no intentions of moving out anytime soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lof8
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Um any 5-7 year old Civic, Camry, Accord, Corolla etc etc etc would get the job done for a HELL OF ALOT less than an E46 M3 and be more reliable, better on gas, cheaper to insure and just as/if not more reliable.

    I bet most girls would rather be taken home in a Camry to your own place than in an M3 to mommy and daddy's!
    My thoughts exactly.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by King Luis
    what would of your choice of been?
    Um any 5-7 year old Civic, Camry, Accord, Corolla etc etc etc would get the job done for a HELL OF ALOT less than an E46 M3 and be more reliable, better on gas, cheaper to insure and just as/if not more reliable.

    I bet most girls would rather be taken home in a Camry to your own place than in an M3 to mommy and daddy's!

    Leave a comment:


  • Aerton
    replied
    Originally posted by King Luis
    not bad for 22 year old huh? :P
    At the other end of the spectrum my 17yrld will start college soon so when he turns 21 I will be buying my e46 M3

    Leave a comment:


  • King Luis
    replied
    Originally posted by Lof8
    There are plenty of reliable cars for a hell of a lot less cash than an e46 m3. I'm not bashing your decision, just saying I would do it differently. sick car nonetheless.
    what would of your choice of been?


    Originally posted by heelN'toe joe
    Went from black bottle caps to 19" forged ///M wheels and you want to upgrade them... hmmm?

    nice car though!
    ya, but don't know when i would upgrade to bbs lm's. it's like how most e30 guys want to upgrade to 5 lug then get bbs rs's. those are the 2 best rims ever!

    seems like the attitude on r3v hasn't changed much since jordan was here too. LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • heelN'toe joe
    replied
    Went from black bottle caps to 19" forged ///M wheels and you want to upgrade them... hmmm?

    nice car though!

    Leave a comment:


  • Lof8
    replied
    There are plenty of reliable cars for a hell of a lot less cash than an e46 m3. I'm not bashing your decision, just saying I would do it differently. sick car nonetheless.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Very nice ride, but I agree with Lof8.

    Good luck on the house search.

    Originally posted by Lof8
    I find that to be funny. "I've got an m3, but I live with my parents" For me at least, those priorities would be switched.

    Leave a comment:


  • King Luis
    replied
    Originally posted by Lof8
    I find that to be funny. "I've got an m3, but I live with my parents" For me at least, those priorities would be switched.
    mine were reversed too. but then again, things happen and priorities need to change. rather get a new reliable car that will last me years then a car that i'm constantly repairing. then i can focus on a house. so watch what you say cause maybe you'll crash and you'll be eating your own words.


    Fel, looks like i'm in streetsville another week. no idea when i'm going to be in markham again but i'm saving gas and km so it's a good thing.

    Leave a comment:

Working...