e30 #9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 #9

Well drove my 9th e30 home tuesday night, My friend got it in january to use as a possbile replacement shell for his wrecked car, but decided it was too far stripped. Well he wanted it gone and told me if I could get it drivable it was mine for free :xfingers: We had to put all the glass in, some radiator hoses, and I tossed a 3.73 open diff in. Oh and we had fun getting the engine running on stale gas, when my friend got it, it didn't run, the chassis is an 87 325is, but had a junkyard 325e automatic engine tossed in, they didn't change over electronics and couldn't get the thing to start since they had just plugged in the eta bellhousing sensors to the engine harness. So I tossed on a 325i 60-2 pulley and VR sensor, AFM, and a super eta ecu, and it fired right up. Of course that was back in January, so the gas was nice and stale but we got it running yet again. Despite it being an eta, with the super eta electronics and the 3.73 diff it pulls pretty dang good :ohhhyea: The interior had been completely stripped minus the carpet which was nice and water logged, so I yanked that today, and ditched some of the excess wiring for the radio etc..... Still not sure what I'm going to do with the beast, I'm tempted to do a full cage and track it instead of my 85. But it's a nice straight rust free body, so can't complain. Only thing electrical working on it are the brake lights, cluster, and the engine lol nothing else is connected, I'm probably going to gut into the wiring further to get it to 84 318 specs, and delete the check control, central locking etc... basically leave the bare essentials. Oh ya the zenders are my track rims with r-comps just mounted them up as the blasting tie rods were rubbing the stock bottlecaps and locking the rims.

85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Adeez soldier!
    Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

Free is always good.

And how far did you drive it like that?!
      www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

it was about a 30min drive, and loud as hell as there are no gaskets or seals anywhere lol
        85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

sounds like a fun drive..

who needs a stereo when you can listen to all that beautiful noise. lol.
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
          X