ditching the turbo YAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ditching the turbo YAY!

After tuning the turbo M20 I bought in December I quickly found that I just don't like turbos. Also, one cylinder was damaged in some way, from what I thought was running without a proper tune. After getting the engine out, it turns out the wrist pin had come out and there was a 3-4mm groove cut into the cylinder wall.

Anyways, I had already decided to go back to a stroker since I just loved my 3.0L cab in Singapore. I chose the 3.1L kit from IE this time around and decided to do more with the head. This one will get a Schrick 288/288, larger exhaust valves, new & stronger rockers, port was already done in a past rebuild, along w/ a 3 angle.

Oh ya one more thing I'm adding this time, and it just arrived muahahhahaha..........

On top of it all will be an MAF with SMT6 to tune...........can't freakin wait!! The 3.0L was a blast in my cab but this 2dr is soooo much lighter and that cam w/ the MAF & dbilas is just gonna be brilliant. Calvin's setup in KL was much like this one and I always regretted not building the head more & of course not going with the dbilas when he did. I'm so glad to be going back to a stroker M20 :D

As for the cab, it is about to be de-registered in Singapore and hopefully a pal will break it down and load a container with everything except the body. Once it's all here I'll get a donor cabriolet and transplant everything....can't wait for this either ;)
    Last edited by Chris E30 Cab; 08-04-2008, 07:03 PM.

Congrats man! That looks amazing and I'm sure it will be fun to build!
    Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

where did you buy the dbilas from? ive been trying to locate it for a while now. anyway great choice.

Comment

bangin! that head attention will make a huge difference, and sound fuckin tits.
        sigpic

Comment

I would do the same!!!! Awsome man good luck and post some vids itbs+stroker+ head work= gooooooooooooooo!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Sickness!!!

NA FTMFW!!!

Turbos are fun, but you gotta love the high revving power that you get with a strong NA motor! :up:

ITBS FTW!!! :bow:

That thing is going to be so much fun...especially the throttle response. :D
            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Crikey! Who is dealing with dBilas stuff here in north america?
              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

cheers fellas it's gonna be ALOT of fun :)

I picked up the dbilas from dbilas....nice folks to deal with, but expect a 1-3 day delay in their replying to emails.

Comment

Originally posted by chris e30 cab View Post

oh ya one more thing i'm adding this time, and it just arrived muahahhahaha..........

I. HATE. YOU.

Like, a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris E30 Cab View Post
                    cheers fellas it's gonna be ALOT of fun :)

I picked up the dbilas from dbilas....nice folks to deal with, but expect a 1-3 day delay in their replying to emails.
                    I bet it will dude. It sucks to see that you werent so pleased with the turbo, but everyone's got their preferences. :)

I will most definetly keep my eyes from a thread or two from you on the project forum.

- Erick
                    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Chris E30 Cab View Post

Oh ya one more thing I'm adding this time, and it just arrived muahahhahaha..........

;)

That is hot. How much did it set you back??

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
                      :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

Ahhhh so pretty!!!!!!!! Congrats man, get some bigger/better pictures for us to see as well :)
                        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

OK. let me help you out with some personal experience with these.

1- try to figure out some way of supporting the air log, other than the sleeves that link it to the throttle bodies. they do a good job, but when you have to take it off, it is a HUGE pain in the ass to get everything lined up and not have any of the sleeves slip off the air log. there is no nipple or ridge to it so they tend to slide off when you tighten them down. you'll see what i mean when you put them on.

2. don't bother with a MAF conversion. i have the T-bird one that BMP sells with the split second ARC2-A piggy back (required to make the MAF conversion work) and well...it is...meh.....ok.
                          i would suggest something like this

they have a plug and play harness for the E-30 too!

MAP is the way to go less restriction and less B.S. more power

3. the throttle cable set up can be a little finicky to set up at first, be patient

4. the breather hose that came with mine was too short, and again the no knurling on the airlog side of the hose makes it hard to clamp it down.
                          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Chris, just curious why you didn't like a turbo. ?

Cheers

Comment

THAT is how they sent it??!!!!
                              does anything on the peripheral appear damaged???

You buy something that costs thousands and they skimped on packing! What in the fuck!

Comment

Working...
                              X