Opinions? New side view mirror concept.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions? New side view mirror concept.

I was planning on painting my mirrors all black but I got an idea to etch out BMW in painters tape coverign my origional body color and then sanding and SEM trim painting the rest of the mirror. I'm not sure I like it but I'm not sure I hate it so I want some of all opinions.

Car is dirty as hell

Flame suit is on.

let the comments begin

I say nay.

Comment

Sorry bro, but no.

I like them being black, though.
      turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
      Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Nope, the roundels front and rear do a perfectly good job of letting everyone know you are driving a Bimmer.

Seems a bit rice.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I figured the r3v side of the internet would be rather negative towards the idea. Not that I'm 100% for the mirrors, I was just currious how it would look and I had the oportunity, just a sanding and few more coats to change it.

I was thinking of leaving it on just the driver side with the passenger side all black. For some reason I think that would be a cooler look than on both sides.

As for rice... yea maybe.. but shit it isn't exactly an H in a box or taking up my whole rear window.

Comment

doesn't look good but it doesn't look bad considering you car has a rally-ish look to it
            Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
            Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

Sorry, no dice. I can't say I like the flat black nor the concept.

Comment

Maybe if it followed the line on the mirror it would look a little better. All black would look a lot better and I think gloss black (schwarz) would look even better than that.
                John

Comment

Originally posted by JPL View Post
                  doesn't look good but it doesn't look bad considering you car has a rally-ish look to it
                  Yea thats the reason I'll probably keep it. Half of the goal of my car is to NOT look like every other e30 on r3v or wherever. So many people have their heads stuck up each others ass and are convinced there is a way an e30 SHOULD look. Hell if I listened to what people said on this forum my car wouldn't have half the shit on it that it does. I know what my car looks like in person, and sometimes its just fucking beautiful.

As for going with the line of the mirror, I tried that out first with tape and it looked damn strange, parallel to the ground was the only way.

Comment

no..no..no..

buy my DTM cup mirrors, they are already painted in your color !

Comment

No-it really doesn't look good-at all.
                      Eric Giles
                      '20 M2 CS
                      '04 M3
                      '11 X5 35D
                      '87 325is
                      '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchman View Post
                        As for going with the line of the mirror, I tried that out first with tape and it looked damn strange, parallel to the ground was the only way.
                        sweet so it is the only part of the mirror parallel to the ground.

Anywho, I don't thinking anyone is knocking you for doing what you want to your car. You asked for opinions this is what you get. If it looked to good me I would tell you it looked good.

Ranting about how no one thinks outside the box is just a cop out to justify your own feelings about it.
                        John

Comment

'05 E46 M3 Imolarot/Cinnamon - CURRENT
                          '98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
                          '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
                          SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Originally posted by vlad View Post
                            no..no..no..

buy my DTM cup mirrors, they are already painted in your color !
                            Im poor as shit.

All I need is Jordan or someone to hop on the thread and make it an official hatchman is a bleeding taint thread like the good ole days with my 325ix.

Originally posted by regnu View Post
                            sweet so it is the only part of the mirror parallel to the ground.

Anywho, I don't thinking anyone is knocking you for doing what you want to your car. You asked for opinions this is what you get. If it looked to good me I would tell you it looked good.

Ranting about how no one thinks outside the box is just a cop out to justify your own feelings about it.

Yes it is the only parallel part, good point? Not trying to cop out, I'm just verbose in making threads that bring negativity to my car, it was expected, just trying to get people to give it a second glance, maybe another idea, something constructive (which some have done), before simply posting NO. Though I can't blame you if you don't like it. I just enjoy finding ways to beat the r3v e30 mould.
                            Last edited by Hatchman; 08-18-2008, 08:09 AM.

Comment

i vote for gravel gaurded mirrors.

Comment

Working...
                              X