Pics after suspension... weak HDR attempts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics after suspension... weak HDR attempts

I jumped on the HDR bandwagon and decided to give it a first try. Im a terrible photographer and have no clue what I'm doing with HDR in CS2. Any tips on how to get the more CGI look would be appreciated. Heres a couple pics of what I put on the car and what it looks like afterwards.

Got the car back about a week ago and I am in love with it. So tossable.

This one is way over the top but I thought it looked kinda like an oil painting or something

Heres my best one, I didnt want the video game look for this one so I just tried to make it look like a really well taken normal pictures, I think it came out pretty decent.

This is a non-hdr, just putting it here so you can see how much the springs lowered the car. Before and After

Before:

And heres a picture of everything that went on the car (besides the RTAB's and subframe mounts).

the second one looks good :)
    drop looks good too
    Flickr
    Originally posted by Indecline06
    For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

very nice. I like how you have everything laid out. Which springs are those?

Looks like the perfect drop for my car..when I get around to it that is....then the +2 or +3 wheels should be a perfect addition with that drop

Comment

I'm lovin it. That last picture with all the parts is sick. I just wish I had the money to do it all at once. I need balljoints and tie rods right now, everything else is looking new and fresh.

Cool pics too. Work on taking pics and you will get better.

Taylor
        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
        Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Those shots look pretty cool. I need to try that myself sometime.

Nothing like fresh suspension parts, too :)

91 318is

Comment

91 318is

Comment

x2 about the springs, looks good

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. The springs are Vogtland. I am really happy with them so far. I think they are about 225lbs front an 315 rear, its great for a daily driver. Stiff enough that its fun and feels sporty but not bad enough to be annoying. Gotta be careful if you've got an m42 though, I had to get a skid plate because my oil pan is hanging way down there.

Comment

Good stance.
                  sigpic

Comment

When you HDR you don't wanna go for the 'over edit' look. Not flattering.

Car looks good :)

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                      When you HDR you don't wanna go for the 'over edit' look. Not flattering.

Car looks good :)
                      Yeah, I just was playing around with it in photoshop while I was bored. I would like to know how to get the video game look just because it would be cool to have a pic like that of my car. Otherwise I'm just gonna use it to get the colors looking right.

Comment

Explain what you did to get the shots looking like that above.

Comment

theres alot of crap u can do in photoshop just mess with alot of the stuff.

btw whats ur gamertag gray?

Comment

For these I just merged about 5 pics to HDR and messed with the white point slider, then converted them to 16 bit and played around with Local Adaptation and the toning curve histogram. Thats about it. I have no idea what I'm really doing when I adjust the histogram etc, I just moved the curve a bunch of different ways till I liked how the picture looked.

e30monsta my gamertag is gray11g, have we played before?

Comment

I assume you are shooting with a camera you can exposure bracket? IE you shot at -2/-1/0/+1/+2? Then merged them into a single shot?

Here is the problem. It appears you shot in the afternoon sometime?

HDR = High Dynamic Range. It was 'created/used' when a single exposure will NOT get all the highlights/lowlights/shadows/etc exposed correctly in one shot. Thus you bracket and combine them all. If you can easily get the shot in 1 photo you are creating a more 'fake' looking HDR and you get the results above... Here is a shot from early in my career that are similar that I made 'fake' HDR and it doesn't look good because with a single long exposure I could have captured everything :)

"HDR"

Comment

Working...
                              X