Troll no longer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troll no longer

Well, I sold my first e30 about four years ago because the transmission was giving out and it was generally not in good shape. I also didn't have an appreciation for cars like I do now. But after months of trolling various e30 forums I can finally say that I am yet again an e30 owner.

Picked it up from a gentlemen whose phone was ringing off the hook with people calling for this car this morning. It is a 1985 325e automatic (auto) it runs real strong with 250k on the odo (still working odo mind you) and cleaned up real nice after I gave it a bath.

Paint is about two years old, probably a Maaco special or something like that, I might change it if it starts to bubble but for now it'll have to do, it matches the door jamb and trunk though so I think they reused a stock color, I'll have to check.

Plans for the future include a refreshed "i" head swap with a lower end rebuild with a 666 turbo manifold adapter and turbonetics or garrett turbo. Looking for high 200s low 300s on moderate boost. Hope to be done this Spring so I can go to the track with my dad (He owns a 77 porsche 911s completely gutted w/ roll cage and "too much" money in the suspension)

Added some boost, first day maintenance is key.

Cleanin it up, previous owner's wife was a smoker but it smells alot better after some Febreeze and carpet cleaner (and a new air freshener )

All clean

Smoked a little when I put Seafoam in the vacuum line ;)

Parked next to the daily driver

Overall, I think it was a pretty good deal for $800. Going to follow some leads on a Getrag 260 on Monday, wish me luck.

welcome, good start for a project car.
    Originally posted by Dozyproductions
    You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

nice start there looks like a good pick up for $800

Comment

Looks good for $800
        sigpic

Comment

I have to admit I was expecting missing fenders and a ton of rust when the ad said $800. I don't know if the guy didn't know what he had or just didn't care but I was the first person to call him or go to see it so I'm sure anyone else would have jumped on it just like I did.

Comment

Looks real good for the price.

Comment

Troll? Nah, I think you mean lurker. A troll is a no good rabble rouser. ;)
              Present BMWs: E30 325iC, E39 540 Sport 6-speed, E60 M5 SMG

E30 Cabrio Turbo Project

Comment

i has a 77 911s too
                Originally posted by blunt
                and remember, just because you like to suck cock, it doesnt make you gay

Comment

Was that car on Craigslist? Where was it located? I've been wanting to sell my 86' 325e that I picked up a few weeks ago because I want to get an "i". Price was too good to pass up though, kinda like yours (except mine is manual).

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                  ~ John Adams ~

Comment

haha i did seafom to.
                    it helped me find my exhaust leak too.

Comment

Congrats

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

$800? damn nice find

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

That is a good deal for $800.00!
                          Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Yeah, pretty much only thing I am unhappy with is it looks like it might have a bit of a fluid leak (not sure what kind, placed a mat under it and will check it out in the morning) and the paint has no clear coat. But overall I'm still pretty happy with it!

Comment

Working...
                            X