No announcement yet.

Cleaned My D'schwarz Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is some shine. Very clean and well cared. Is that the original paint?

How do I spell stress relief?:hitler:
    :!:Open Track Days!!!:!:

Comment

Great looking car, I wish mine looked like that...
      Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

When did you install the springs? If it's recently, then the car will look better in about a year when the springs settle and it sits a lil lower.

Otherwise very clean 4 door! :D
        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Thanks all. History on this car is that it is essentially a one owner vehicle from Poughkeepsie, NY. A fellow VW Scirocco enthusiast (also BMW salesman) picked up the car last spring when the original owner traded it in. I have a very complete history of the vehicle's maintenance, primarily by BMW dealerships (their names changed over the years!).

I purchased the car in January to replace my 81 Scirocco, which was great but not entirely practical. I've done some normal freshening, including the sports suspension, M3 CABs, control arms, sway bar bushings, OEM engine mounts (ouch!) and an entire rebuild of the timing components including sprockets, chain, tensioner, w/pump, t-stat, gaskets, etc. Purrs like a kitten now.

Paint is original with a few rock chips and tree sap spots. Rear rotors are just rusty from being washed.

Only further plans are to replace the diff mount, rear trailing arm bushings and rear subframe mounts. Have the parts, just been slacking getting to replacing the parts. Will need an exhaust and cat at some point, too.

Here's a pic of my old Scirocco. It now lives in Minnesota. New owner had it repainted and installed a new interior (seats, dash, panels, carpet, etc.). I miss it.

Comment

WOW that is a PERFECT car!!!! you are running exactly the same suspension set-up that i want to get for my '91 318is, except it does not look like it lowers you car as much as i would expect. How is the ride and handling with that set-up?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
              WOW that is a PERFECT car!!!! you are running exactly the same suspension set-up that i want to get for my '91 318is, except it does not look like it lowers you car as much as i would expect. How is the ride and handling with that set-up?

Thanks!
              Ride and handling are great! I also installed new spring pads which is probably why she sits a little high.

Comment

Did you install the spring pads all around on all 4, and are the spring pads thicker than stock?

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  Did you install the spring pads all around on all 4, and are the spring pads thicker than stock?
                  All 4 and stock thickness.

Comment

Very clean and tight!

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

good lord.

Comment

So fresh... and um.. so clean, clean

Comment

One hell of a detail!!! Clean as fuck!! Nice color too!!

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                          1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                          1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Holy shit that car is clean.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                              One hell of a detail!!! Clean as fuck!! Nice color too!!

Mariano
                              yup nice color

Comment

Originally posted by oo=00=oo View Post
                                yup nice color
                                I love your car man.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                                1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                                1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Working...
                                X