My '87 Vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '87 Vert

Finally got some picture and figured out how to post (after 2 yrs lol).

Car is currently for sale, but if my e28 goes first I will likely slam it and get some nice euroweaves or BBS RKs. After that would be some stronger race/street pads and a TCD kit.

This car has such great maintenance history and so much money put into it that I almost feel bad for trying to sell it for a coupe. Alas, the allure a plastic bumpered e30 has me placing both of my beloved cars up for sale.

If I can get a TCD kit on it tho, then its a whole 'nother story..

Whatcha all think?
    My e30 and e28 are both up for sale::

Delphin/Pearl Beige Cabrio- 5 speed
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...04#post1205404

Alpine/Cardinal-5 speed
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1#post14192741

Nice vert, your interior looks mint! :up: What color is the car?
    WTB: Startec tail lights. Let me know what you have!

Comment

Keep the vert. You'll love it.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

The interior really is mint. I need to go at it with some vinyl/leather cleaner and get some of the little dirt bits out, but over all I don't think I could find an e30 with a nicer interior for less than 7k.

Car is Delphin Metallic and the interior is Pearl Beige.

I really should keep it. I'm not sure why I keep thinking a coupe would make me happier, especially since it wouldn't be nearly as nice as this one. I guess I'm trying to trade my mint interior and bullet proof mechanics for something with a prettier exterior. Some real nice paint and plastic bumpers with iS lip would make me a very happy man. I'd love to swap on some euro bumpers, but the Alpina airdam is the only one that I think would look better than the iS airdam it has now.

Plus, how many verts have this package? I love having an LSD for those rainy days..

Alpine/Cardinal-5 speed

Comment

You can convert it to plastic. I'm doing my 87 now. Then I'll be looking for a hard top which will eventually be painted to match the body. Coupe in the winter and vert in the summer. Best of both worlds :)

Comment

If you do decide to update the looks, a friend of mine just converted his 87ic to mtech II. It looks sharp and I'm sure he'd be into helping out a local guy if you wanted pointers. Nice car!
            Originally posted by chileelky
            amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

Comment

If you don't like the diving boards you can always do a m-tech 2 kit ;)

Clean car though, I love the color combo

Comment

Mtech II kit eh? Is that as intensive as the plastic bumper swap. Do the verts have different rear arches than other early bodied cars?

Now that I think about it, I'd take euro bumpers and an Mtech I kit over mtech II anyday.

Alpine/Cardinal-5 speed

Comment

Plastic bumper swap is easy. Do a search and you'll find a quick writeup I did on it. We had an IS that was Delphin/Pearl Beige. I loved the color combo.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                  MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                  | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

All US spec verts came with LSD.
                    Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by 87Blue325iC View Post
                      All US spec verts came with LSD.
                      I meant the package with the front and rear spoilers, but I did not know that all verts had LSD. Even the autos?

Did your car come from the factory with the front airdam but not the trunk lip?
                      I believe it was actually you that decoded my VIN, showing:

209 LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL (25%)

286 BMW LM RAD/BMW STYLING.

BTW, was it also you that did a write up on putting the e34 head unit (c36 maybe?) into the e30? If so, do you have a link? I'd like to try and make it work with my e28. I prefer the stock look over something that flashes green and blue and purple.

And I've seen write-ups and DIYs on the bumper swap, and maybe body work just isn't my thing, but the word easy is not what comes to mind.

For some reason I remember the convertibles having different rear arches? Maybe this is just that all 'verts have the early arches? Would this make swaping the rear bumper much easier?

Alpine/Cardinal-5 speed

Comment

It is a direct bolt on. Welding would only be required if you chose to use a factory lower valance that you cut off another car. A plastic aftermarket can be added though. Check this thread:

Comment

Originally posted by e28forlife View Post
                          I meant the package with the front and rear spoilers, but I did not know that all verts had LSD. Even the autos?

Did your car come from the factory with the front airdam but not the trunk lip?
                          I believe it was actually you that decoded my VIN, showing:

286 BMW LM RAD/BMW STYLING.

BTW, was it also you that did a write up on putting the e34 head unit (c36 maybe?) into the e30? If so, do you have a link? I'd like to try and make it work with my e28. I prefer the stock look over something that flashes green and blue and purple.

And I've seen write-ups and DIYs on the bumper swap, and maybe body work just isn't my thing, but the word easy is not what comes to mind.

For some reason I remember the convertibles having different rear arches? Maybe this is just that all 'verts have the early arches? Would this make swaping the rear bumper much easier?
                          286 BMW LM RAD/BMW STYLING is the wheels. No 'vert came with the IS airdam or spoiler from the factory, but it was a very common dealer installed item when they were new. I just added mine in the past few years, but there is a good chance yours came off the lot with those items added by the original dealer.

The rear arches on all diving board verts are compatible with plug and play plastic bumber swaps. Personally, I like the look of the metal bumpers - as long as you tuck them in about an inch. Gives a much more classic '80's BMW look, I think.

I did to the C43 radio swap from an E36 into my car - again, love the stock look. Click on my user name and look for posts by me - the post was over a year ago...maybe two!

I really like how your car looks right now, the beige top is pretty uncommon - especially with your exterior color.
                          Aaron

Comment

Just throwing this out there, but what is the common opinion on these eBay wheels.
                            WHEELS

The look similar to the konigs that used to be all over eBay.

For $700 I'd rather have some real euro weaves or some of the other wheels sold used here. Any info on the quality of these?

Alpine/Cardinal-5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by 87Blue325iC View Post
                              286 BMW LM RAD/BMW STYLING is the wheels. No 'vert came with the IS airdam or spoiler from the factory, but it was a very common dealer installed item when they were new. I just added mine in the past few years, but there is a good chance yours came off the lot with those items added by the original dealer.

The rear arches on all diving board verts are compatible with plug and play plastic bumber swaps. Personally, I like the look of the metal bumpers - as long as you tuck them in about an inch. Gives a much more classic '80's BMW look, I think.

I did to the C43 radio swap from an E36 into my car - again, love the stock look. Click on my user name and look for posts by me - the post was over a year ago...maybe two!

I really like how your car looks right now, the beige top is pretty uncommon - especially with your exterior color.
                              Figure I would just post the whole thing up>
                              Vehicle information

VIN long WBABB1306H1925227

Type code BB13

Type 325I (USA)

Dev. series E30 (C)

Line 3

Body type CABRIO

Steering LL

Door count 2

Engine M20

Cubical capacity 2.50

Power 125

Transmision HECK

Gearbox MECH

Colour DELPHIN METALLIC (184)

Upholstery PERLBEIGE LEDER (0206)

Prod. date 1986-12-01

Order options
                              No. Description

219 SPORT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

286 BMW LM RAD/BMW STYLING

371 STOFFVERDECK PERLBEIGE

530 AIR CONDITIONING

540 CRUISE CONTROL

551 ON-BOARD COMPUTER II W REMOTE CONTROL

675 BMW SOUND SYSTEM

I'm guessing that 371 means either that the top is the original color (or maybe a near replica when replaced). The only other thing it could mean would be the convertible top's trunk was covered in matching material to the interior?

And I agree, the diving boards give it a completely different look to the plastics. I think the Mtech I kit is what I really want if I decide to alter the outside.

But now you've got me wondering. I always assumed that LM RAD was an appearance package. I guess the bottlecaps were a step up from steelies? Or did my car lose a set of weaves at some point in its history?

Alpine/Cardinal-5 speed

Comment

Working...
                              X