No announcement yet.

I finally started digging into it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW this is going to be a great project!

Subscribed.

89 325i Alpine White

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun, I like how it fits across your garage
      The Keystone Killers

Originally posted by Cabriolet
      With 73k+ post, you'd think he'd have learned a little about life.

Comment

I like the car. I also like the board. :)
        blown out stock susp FTMFW

Comment

sweetness subbed

Comment

Originally posted by stevofthahill View Post
            Not that familiar with 2002's but don't they generally have obnoxious front and rear bumpers like any other US spec car? Or was this car a grey market car?

Here's mine, it's a '76. Good example in terms of being a polar opposite in regards to US spec stuff, big bumpers, big turn signals, side markers, black plastic grilles, etc.

Oh, and *cough* http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/...opic/t,318050/ my resto pics.

-Charlie
            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
            FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post

Here's mine, it's a '76. Good example in terms of being a polar opposite in regards to US spec stuff, big bumpers, big turn signals, side markers, black plastic grilles, etc.

Oh, and *cough* http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/...opic/t,318050/ my resto pics.

-Charlie
              Charlie,

If I'm not mistaken yours is a cali 76 right? Did you remove the smog pump, ERG valve, misc relays, thermal reactor, ect? That shit will take about 80 lbs out of your engine bay.

We forgot the worst part about the 74-76 2002s - square tail lights!
              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
                Charlie,

If I'm not mistaken yours is a cali 76 right? Did you remove the smog pump, ERG valve, misc relays, thermal reactor, ect? That shit will take about 80 lbs out of your engine bay.

We forgot the worst part about the 74-76 2002s - square tail lights!
                Yea, all that shit was long gone. It's got a non-thermal reactor header on it, pump and everything else is removed.

-Charlie
                Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                FYYFF

Comment

Looks like a great project. I need to pick up another '02

Btw, a fresh 1600 is actually quite peppy with the long neck 4.10

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                    Looks like a great project. I need to pick up another '02

Btw, a fresh 1600 is actually quite peppy with the long neck 4.10
                    Yeah, I've still got the long neck diff and 3 piece driveshaft. I'm a little skeptical about the mechanical clutch though.
                    "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Working...
                    X