My winter beater (e28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My winter beater (e28)

you probably don't remember when i picked this up at the beginning of the summer. Just got it running last week and have been driving it to work. All it needed from the very beginning was a power steering hose and i would have been driving her last summer. The m30 is running okay with 226,000 miles, even without even giving her a proper tune-up and after sitting for over year outside in Michigan. The five speed feels great, the clutch feels great, the suspension has thrown in the towel, it often idles at 1500rpm, the entire exhaust system is rusted bad... But it runs! For $500, i'm not complaining.

It has some light damage on the front (not from me) that I don't feel like showing...

I don't know if I like e28's enough, especially this one and the amount of work it needs, to have the body completely restored, and to have euro bumps installed. I'd rather get another e30 when spring comes.
    My Feedback

body looks awesome especially for a northern car. Believe me give it a few months and you'll be in love.
    Photoshop by O 16581 72452 5

Comment

looks nice
      AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

I miss my e28, even with the horrid bumpers.

Looks great for 500

Comment

Hell yeah, $500 is a bargain for a decent running 535i! Might as well start making it nice, E28s rule.
          '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
            E28s rule.
            Yes they do.

Looks like a deal for the price.
            Austin Driggers
            Drop it. Stretch it. Poke it. Roll it.

Stäncé Primo

Comment

looks really good from the pics, other than the rusted exhaust, any other major rust...hence it's been in the north for it's entire life?

mitch

89 Alpine White e30 325i

Comment

Nice find for $500 I just went through the exhaust system on my car, both mufflers after the cat were pretty much rusted out.

88' 535 4DR | 87' 325 4DR | 87' 325 2DR

Comment

Originally posted by themitchster359 View Post
                  looks really good from the pics, other than the rusted exhaust, any other major rust...hence it's been in the north for it's entire life?

mitch
                  Originally it was from New Mexico or Arizona as there are dealer maintanence stamps in the hand book dating in the 80's. I don't know how long it stayed there, though. I bought it from this lady who was probably on cocaine at the time. Her story about it was really confusing, but i figure it's been in michigan at least 10 years, and was well used.

It has no visible rust on the outside, but it has a rust hole in the driver's floor pan and around the gas pedal bad, in the trunk and around the taillights, along the bottom pinch welds, in the frame, the battery tray has holes...

While i was cleaning out the interior, I found about $3 in change, and a 1960's dollar coin.
                  My Feedback

Comment

Working...
                  X