Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$99 dollar black friday maaco special

Jjj
    Last edited by menusk; 04-22-2010, 08:53 PM.

Fix your kidney. It's hideous.
    -Pierre
    1987 535is
    1988 325is

Comment

$99? the whole thing? Crazy.

I think I'm gonna prep my lip and take it to maaco, seems just as cheap as doing it myself with a paint matched can, with none of the work.
      sigpic

Comment

$99 is good. Paint is expensive.

Comment

Maaco can do decent work.

Idk if they will for 99 bucks though

Comment

+1 on the grill kidney

For $99....you can't go wrong if its your beater.

Comment

Originally posted by e30nub View Post
              Fix your kidney. It's hideous.
              +2

Welcome to R3V
              -Andy

Comment

$99?? Holy crap.

Did they do the entire vehicle for that?

If so, did you do the body work and take all the trim, handles, etc. off? Because im not sure how good they are at masking.

Im going to have my vehicle done if its really $99 for the entire vehicle.

Comment

I know some of them they use a lacquer, had an e30 that was that way, looked great for about 3 years, then went flat and couldn't get any shine out of it cuz it was a 1 stage crap that had oxidized like a mofo.

Looks good though, not too bad w/ that one lil messup.

Comment

i know i couldnt believe it when i seen it in the paper that they were painting cars for 99 bucks on black friday. i still have the ad in my backseat if any of you need proof. the truth is it came out to 200 bucks. 99 for the paint and 99 to sand it so the paint can stick. the car was really beat up paint wise, the hood, roof and trunk were nearly worn down to the metal. overall im satisfied with it. And like it was stated on previous post this is my beater.

oh and wats wrong with my kidneys f'ers!! ahahaa.........i know i know i just primered em to black'em out. ive only had the car for a month so its a work in progress

oh and one more thing. they normally dont do a clear coat on the cheapie paint job but i asked if he could throw clear to protect the paint so the shine can stay for awhile and he said yes but i was too late when i asked cause he had already baked it. but it woulda been an extra 100 dollars if i would have asked on time.......

Comment

Originally posted by EThirtyDirty View Post
                      $99?? Holy crap.

If so, did you do the body work and take all the trim, handles, etc. off? Because im not sure how good they are at masking.

yup the entire car

Comment

I talked to a body man from One Day Paint (basically same as Maaco) and he told me there bodywork/prep is shit. They do good paint jobs the only problem is the bodywork. So if you do your own prep work it should turn out to be a pretty nice paint job. That is as long as you do better prep than Maaco.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

and at this price what did i have to lose you know

Last edited by menusk; 12-04-2008, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Nice outcome from the pics.

Consider yourself VERY lucky if the only real flaw is that run on the fender/door.

You must have removed the trim and mouldings yourself or they did an absolute pro job at masking. (for Maaco at least)

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by EThirtyDirty View Post
                              $99?? Holy crap.

oh and no i didnt do anything at all to the car. thats why i paid the extra 100 bucks for the sanding/prep work since everything was half off that day. so it was 200 bucks total, paint and prep.....

Comment

Working...
                              X