M3 Cecotto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 Cecotto

Not mine but saw on German ebay. It says that there were only 505 made. How many other companies altered E30's?
    Originally posted by Nicademus
    My car beats off to that car. :bow:

That is a factory BMW M3...Its not altered by another company. Macau is gorgeous! And that interior!
    1993 325ic Schwarz/Natur
    1991 318is Black/Black - Slicktop - Project s52
    1989 Alpine White/Black M3 S52
    1988 Henna/Pearl M3 <3

Comment

fuck me. i wish i had money haha
      AW 89' 325i Vert - SOLD

Comment

What distinguishes an E30 M3 Cecotto?
        In order to celebrate the many competition victories of factory driver Johnny Cecotto, BMW produced a speical version of the E30 M3 during 1989 that was named in his honor. This model introduced the 215-hp version of the 2.3-liter S14, still rated at 170 lb/ft of torque, though now at a slightly lower 4,600rpm. This engine, which would become standardized on European-spec M3s beginiing in September of 1989, can be identified in the Cecotto by its body-color cam cover.

The M3 Cecotto was offered in the same three exterior color choices as the M3 Evolution II: Misano Red (236), Macao Blue metallic (250) or Nogaro Silver metallic (243). In addition to the Evolution II front and rear spoilers, it is further distinguished by its thinner rear window glass and 7.5x16-inch wheels with unique black centers. However, unlike the Evolution II, the Cecotto does not include the front brake ducts in place of foglights.

On the inside, the Cecotto has the standard M3 sport seats, though these are generally trimmed in a special Anthracite or Silver M-Technic cloth with Bison leather bolsters. As an alternative, Black extended Bison leather, Black extended Nappa leather or Silver extended Nappa leather could be specified at extra cost. All Cecotto editions were further equipeed with the power sunroof, on-board computer II and internal headlight adjustment as standard equipment. Additional special features included door sill plates with a color "M3" insignia, a green-tinted windshield band, an illuminated shift knob and a plaque on the center console that displays the signature of Johnny Cecotto, as well as the exclusive number of each car out of 505. (In fact, only 480 Cecottos were built, the other 25 being nearly identical Ravaglia editions see below).

In addition to the initial 505 Cecotto and Ravaglia editions, the Swiss market also received a special series of 50 additional E30 M3 Cecotto models in late 1989 and early 1990. These are identical in every way to the normal Cecotto edition model aside from being fitted with a special 211-hp (DIN) version of the S14 motor tailored for Swiss emissions regulations. Being 1990 models, they are also equipped with the later M-Technic II steering wheel. A unique center console plaque that bears the signature of Johnny Cecotto, but is not individually numbered. The Swiss Cecotto models do not contain a unique VIN sequence, but are instead included within the standard E30 M3 range.
        From HERE.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
        MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
        | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Yeah Cecotto's are the bomb. I detailed one not to long ago

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Oh God I love Macaublau..

Comment

ahhhhhhhh i want it!

Comment

holy shit! those seats are hawt
                Re-Build:
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...00#post2471300

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...24#post2157024

Comment

Macau is the only color I'd prefer to diamantschwarz.
                  sigpic
                  "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

so effffin hot, i want

Comment

Macaublau is easily the most stunning color out there. They had Cecotto and Ravaglia variants for the E30 M3 and Cecotto and Winkelhock variants of the E34 M5. The Cecotto cars focused primarily on aesthetic alterations and the Winkelhock cars had a reduced weight and were stripped out of most luxuries.

Nice car though.
                      - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                      E36 325i sedan
                      E30 325i sedan
                      Volvo 945T

Comment

very nice; I absolutly love that interior....The price really isn't outrageous, either.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Those seats........lord.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                          1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                          1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Working...
                          X