No announcement yet.

Calling all vert.....post those topless pics....come one and all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again for the feedback - nice when hard work is appreciated. The car looked more like this when I first got it (only with a lot more dents, peeling chrome bottlecaps and bubbled purple tint):

The Alpina interior fabric was sourced through Rob Schiering here on this board. Install was done through an upholstery shop in SoCal (Riverside area).

I had a spoiler on the trunk originally, but think it looks cleaner without. If I were to put one back on, the BBS is definitely a top choice.

-- DavidV :D
    My Book: Car Hacks & Mods for Dummies

Comment

Originally posted by DavidV View Post
      Thanks for all the kinds words. Here is the interior:

davidv wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YAN-3 View Post
        davidv wins!!!
        He always wins :)

Comment

What is Rob Schiering's user name?
          ~Fernando

Comment

I'd like to know the name of the upholstery shop that crafted the interior. Looks better then factory, which is the look I am going for. Great car DavidV.

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
              I'd like to know the name of the upholstery shop that crafted the interior. Looks better then factory, which is the look I am going for. Great car DavidV.
              That's the funny thing - the shop is this tiny hole in the wall in Riverside (Barajas - I think) that does mostly lowriders and the like. It is the kind of place you might think twice about leaving your car with - kind of sketchy, dingy feeling and tucked into the back corner of a little strip mall area.

However, I was amazed with the quality of the work and how dirt cheap it was. Lining up all the Alpina stripes precisely right is no small matter and they were able to reuse all of my original seat material for the sides as well as restuff the seats with new foam and make it all look and feel factory in the end. They also did the door cards and reupholstered the headliner on my hardtop as well as created the custom little Alpina insert for the coin tray - grand total for all that, about $750 with me providing my own fabric.

For the quality of work they did, I would have expected to pay many thousands. At that price, I was blown away with the amazing quality for the price.

I will also use this opportunity to plug the body shop I used in Riverside as well - Holmes Auto Body. This is the shop that BMW of Riverside outsources all of their work to. Bobby Kripps was the service adviser working with me on the straightening and repaint of my car, and I was super impressed with the work they did. I have had several high end car collectors and appraisers remark on the paintwork, and I have to say, Holmes Auto Body hit it out of the park with my car.

So, those are two resources deep in the 909 that I would use again without hesitation. Even though I am in Norcal now, if I ever needed serious work done, I would use both of those shops again without a doubt.

Last edited by DavidV; 02-07-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by platanos View Post
                What is Rob Schiering's user name?
                rscheiring

Comment

DavidV... that is one sick interior! I might have to borrow your pics when I redo mine.

Finally got the hardtop off for a cruise yesterday. Put it back on 10 minutes ago as it's still too cold when the sun goes down.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

'91 M-Tech cabrio with some minor mods. Pictures are from a photoshoot done by Austin Driggers (m3austin) in January. Austin is truly a wizard at car photography.

Last edited by cactusjacks1; 02-27-2009, 05:12 PM.
                    [I

Comment

these are startin to grow on me..

Comment

Originally posted by cactusjacks1 View Post
                        '91 M-Tech cabrio with some minor mods. Pictures are from a photoshoot done by Austin Driggers (m3austin) in January. Austin is truly a wizardcar photography.
                        Jack looks good. Here is mine full real mtech kit will be installed soon, thinking of putting on the Ronal LS's. Still debating on what motor Racing Dynamics stroker or S52.
                        Kevin

ps David I have always loved your car (very nice and clean) and interior, yours inspired me to do my touring in Alcantara/Alpina.

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
                        Your DIY upholstery source
                        e30tech forum sponsor
                        E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
                        kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
                          DavidV... that is one sick interior! I might have to borrow your pics when I redo mine.

Finally got the hardtop off for a cruise yesterday. Put it back on 10 minutes ago as it's still too cold when the sun goes down.

nice.. this car looks very familiar !!!
                          You still ride with the NJ collector's Reg sticker :up:
                          I can only imagine what it will look like on BBS RS or Borbet Type As !

Comment

Tricked, love your shift boot & e-brake covers, did you do those yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
                              Tricked, love your shift boot & e-brake covers, did you do those yourself?
                              Thanks, they are my products.
                              Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
                              Your DIY upholstery source
                              e30tech forum sponsor
                              E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
                              kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

Originally posted by Tricked 323i View Post
                                Jack looks good. Here is mine full real mtech kit will be installed soon, thinking of putting on the Ronal LS's. Still debating on what motor Racing Dynamics stroker or S52.
                                Kevin
                                Kevin - don't see the calipso red very often, in a vert, with the M-Tec - it should really look outstanding!! Love your interior also.

Jack
                                [I

Comment

Working...
                                X