No announcement yet.

Last Trick Up My Sleeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, you made it in the same magazine that has stuff like this...

I remember hearing you were/are a photographer for PBMW, that explains why your car was featured in there.
    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
    E36 325i sedan
    E30 325i sedan
    Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post

I remember hearing you were/are a photographer for PBMW, that explains why your car was featured in there.
      I am a photographer for them because they liked the pics of my car enough to ask me to shoot more cars for them. Nice try though.

I hope you're well and apologies if you've already been bombarded with the earlier PMs but I'm very keen to get your car featured. The photos on your thread look very professional and I'd be interested to see any more you have, and look at the snappers website/portfolio.

I really like your work, and wondered whether on this occasion you'd be willing to supply the shots for free with the view of maybe working for us in the future - we have nine motoring publications that all feature US cars, including Performance VW.
      We were just designing your article, saying how good your photos were and then I receive an email from a guy called Jonathan whose car I've been trying to shoot but my usual snapper can't make it for a few months and so he suggests 'a guy called Mike Burroughs, who is the best photographer he's ever seen!'.

If we were to pay you £200 would you be willing to shoot it for us, with nine other motoring titles here at Unity if we like your work we've got ourselves a good contact for your part of the States.
      Just some snippets of some emails from her. But what do I know?

Comment

^pwnd

Comment

Good work Spaz.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

I really like your work, and wondered whether on this occasion you'd be willing to supply the shots for free with the view of maybe working for us in the future - we have nine motoring publications that all feature US cars, including Performance VW.
            That's the mating call of a budget publication.

There's a magazine here in town like that. They've used some of my photos in the past with my permission and the permission of the client (in this case, usually small interior designers) that I shot them for. They pay something like $160 for a cover, $100 for a full page, $80 for a half page...

...but usually they pay in gift certificates to local restaurants that they've obviously received as trade for ad space/etc.

It's sad that a small-time interior designer is willing to/can afford to pay the $1500+/day that I charge, yet a full-scale glossy magazine claims they don't have the budget for that type of shooting, and pays less than $500 for a cover and a three photo spread, and pays all or part of it in gift certificates to local restaurants.

Just a little rant about the magazine business.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
              That's the mating call of a budget publication.

There's a magazine here in town like that. They've used some of my photos in the past with my permission and the permission of the client (in this case, usually small interior designers) that I shot them for. They pay something like $160 for a cover, $100 for a full page, $80 for a half page...

...but usually they pay in gift certificates to local restaurants that they've obviously received as trade for ad space/etc.

It's sad that a small-time interior designer is willing to/can afford to pay the $1500+/day that I charge, yet a full-scale glossy magazine claims they don't have the budget for that type of shooting, and pays less than $500 for a cover and a three photo spread, and pays all or part of it in gift certificates to local restaurants.

Just a little rant about the magazine business.
              Read the part after. They're paying me $400/shoot roughly. It's not great money, but it's money, and I'm a college student. I've been doing professional work too, I worked today in fact for a rather substantial TV production company. My day rate is $750. I'd say I'm doing fine for someone my age.

I understand the rant in general though.

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
                I am a photographer for them because they liked the pics of my car enough to ask me to shoot more cars for them. Nice try though.

Just some snippets of some emails from her. But what do I know?
                Performance BMW is directly related to Performance VW, go figure.

Keep us posted on the latest ridiculous trends that you are "pioneering."
                - Trey

E36 325i sedan
                E30 325i sedan
                Volvo 945T

Comment

Never said I was pioneering anything. Jealousy is a bitch, isn't it?
                  A car you HATE gets so much attention, and then a full spread in a mag. rofl.

Comment

is that an e12 truck??????

anyone know what issue this is?

edit: i managed to actually read the caption next to it. and i realize its an e28 any info tho??? sorry for thread jack in an epic thread!

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
                      is that an e12 truck??????

anyone know what issue this is?
                      It looks like it may have been an E9 at one point, the link says it is issue 104.

Any yes Mike, super jealous brah.
                      - Trey

E36 325i sedan
                      E30 325i sedan
                      Volvo 945T

Comment

Oh my, the tension!
                        Anyhow, Congratulations on the magazine feature! It must be a great feeling not only having your car featured, but your photography work as well. Congratulations all round. Keep us posted with any PBMW photoshoots you're a part of. I'm sure some of us would be quite interested.

R.H.D
                        M-technic I club

Comment

Any yes Mike, super jealous brah.
                          Get a fucking life please!

Get some fresh air and drop this e-vendetta you have with someone whom youve never even met IRL!
                          Originally posted by ebelements
                          Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Credit where credit is due, well done man!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Spastic huge Congrats. Though I loved your can but not everyone did, no one can deny your originality and creativity

Comment

congrats! Great pics BTW
                                Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Working...
                                X