Isabelle's beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isabelle's beginning

Well, after months of looking and waiting and reading R3V, and then three weeks of buying process, I finally picked up my first e30 on Sunday. She's my first car purchase. My name is Cameron, and I'm a junior in high school. Now, on to the car.

Here's how she looks:

Only modification since I bought her is four new Falken ZE-512s, because the previous tires were bald (and one was on backwards...?)

Here's the saddest part of the car:

Some dumbass PO found this piece of rubber god knows where and tacked it onto the front wherever he saw fit with a random assortment of screws.

If anyone local has a front valence for a decent price--early or LM--please let me know

She runs nice and smooth, except that the engine hesitates when coming off idle. Have to figure out what that is.

Plus, other than a few cracks in the seats and the knee pad thing having been removed (it's intact in the trunk), the interior is in very nice shape.

So all in all, I believe she was a good purchase for 1200 of my hard-earned high school dollars. I'm looking forward to putting a lot of hard work (and unfortunately money) into her to get her where I want [insert prostitute joke here]. Thanks for looking. Let me know your thoughts, even if they're scathing and/or semi-retarded... I enjoy those.

*Edit:
    I almost forgot, look what I found in the trunk after I got it home:

Since I didn't know it was there, and the seller didn't mention it, I consider it a bonus.

Body roll+perspective=the poor man's drop

looks like a good starting point. congrats!

what are the specs on the car? year, mileage, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
      looks like a good starting point. congrats!

what are the specs on the car? year, mileage, etc.
      Whoops. The car is an '87 325is with about 210k miles on it. As far as I can tell, aside from the surprise amp and (I think) the shifter, it's completely stock.

Comment

Welcome, looks like she will clean up nicely!

Be safe and keep the updates coming.
        sigpic
        New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
        %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Good buy man, many of us have paid a lot more for our pieces OS.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
            Welcome, looks like she will clean up nicely!

Be safe and keep the updates coming.
            Thanks, stepping up from a FWD corolla, this thing is already a lot of fun, so I need to keep that one in mind.

Comment

Whats great is that even with 4x4 status and the nonexistent valence, this car looks worlds better than that smurf spooge POS in the general section. Looks like a good start. Try cutting and buffing the paint and see how it turns out.

Comment

here is a quick list of things to do/consider:
                -Meguiars 3 step for the paint (you'll be amazed),
                -3 clips from the dealer for holding the knee bolster in (they're cheap and do the job nicely)..
                -Hopefully you can score a front IS spoiler!
                -Make sure the timing belt has recently been swapped
                -Your hesitation sounds like something in the ignition, check plugs, wires, rotor, cap
                -Buy some seafoam and suck it in via the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line and let the good times begin

enjoy & welcome
                Julien
                Build Threads:
                Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Welcome to R3V and a new addiction.
                  -Andy

Comment

welcome to r3v thats a nice car you ha-shit a rancor!
                    The Keystone Killers

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                    With 73k+ post, you'd think he'd have learned a little about life.

Comment

welcome young Jedi...youve joined the dark side...once you go bimmer....you never leave.....

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                        here is a quick list of things to do/consider:
                        -Meguiars 3 step for the paint (you'll be amazed),
                        -3 clips from the dealer for holding the knee bolster in (they're cheap and do the job nicely)..
                        -Hopefully you can score a front IS spoiler!
                        -Make sure the timing belt has recently been swapped
                        -Your hesitation sounds like something in the ignition, check plugs, wires, rotor, cap
                        -Buy some seafoam and suck it in via the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line and let the good times begin

enjoy & welcome
                        Julien
                        +1 then drop it!
                        Continuous For Sale Thread
                        323i s50

Comment

There you go guys, someone was wanting to know what an S-10 spoiler would look like on an e30. And there it is :o

But anyway, the car looks like it will clean up pretty good.

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Another R3V'er in Kirkland...welcome! Was your dad driving this car yesterday? I went to wave at a car similar to yours and realized it was an old dude...was like "oooooh, just kidding...you're old".

There are at least 4 R3V'ers in Kirkland now...2 coupes, 2 verts.
                            92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
                            sigpic

Comment

Nice start!
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                              X