Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1988 Champagne Charlamane the Dog 325is Alpina Tribute

Hey Guys,

Getting back into the fold with my slow restoration of my BAT auction 88' is. Here is the link to the auction. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-bmw-325is-11/ As you can see, the car was a clean exterior example with a hideous interior leather re-stain that looked more like brown 'rhea than the tan it should have been. Other than that it was a decent runner that was ready for the road as it sat. Previously and unfortunately, my awesome Alpine 89' 325i was rear ended by a hit and run driver on the freeway (actually he hit and ran but once I realized he ran I restarted the car and chased his ass down the off-ramp, pulled right in front of him and and brought the fear of god to him by grabbing him by his shirt shortly after which started to cry and say he was sorry, but I didn't care and had to sit and wait with this MOFO for 45 minutes until CHP finally arrived...annoying and frustrating to say the least) causing the rear bumper frame to be crushed pretty good and wasn't about to try and repair it so I decided to swap everything I had done to it to this car (sorry for the long sentence). Once I had the front end, rear end, interior and some cool accessories swapped over I sold the other car with the Champagne's guts in it and sat on it for a while. Charlamane the Dog didn't speak to me at first and it sat for a while and was contemplating selling the car. My Alpine was my first love and had spent so many hours polishing, waxing, replacing and rehabbing that we developed a special bond that is hard to beat. I was kinda having regrets about my rebound relationship. Fast forward to 3 months ago and met a fellow member who had just finished his Bronzit Alpina Tribute and had also been hit and totaled the car. He was also super bummed and parted out most of his car, of which I was able to use his sunroof, hood and front valence with an original Alpina valence already attached to it, all perfectly painted and ready to go. I was stoked while he was bummed, but he was happy to see it go to a home that would appreciate it. I only wish I was able to take his Alpina spoiler, but that was already claimed by someone else (if you know of one I am open to discussions...)

I will be updating the thread with updated pics and more description once I have more time but will leave you with this front facing pic. The more that I look at the car, the Bronzit color is actually awesome and is a great representation of a true 80's color.

Needs: Alpina rear spoiler
    Alpina steering wheel & Shifter
    Alpina upholstery & re-cover

Attached Files
    sigpic
    Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Looking forward to this build! I too bought a Bonzit ‘iS’ from Sacramento. Seems to be a popular color in that area. You’re lucky living in that area as there are some great shops that specialize in E30s.
    90 Bronzit 325is
    16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Thanks, am definitely looking forward to seeing how it evolvs...Bronzit is definitely an underappreciated color too.

Originally posted by laidback93 View Post
      Looking forward to this build! I too bought a Bonzit ‘iS’ from Sacramento. Seems to be a popular color in that area. You’re lucky living in that area as there are some great shops that specialize in E30s.
      sigpic
      Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Comment

this thread needs more pictures!!!!!

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Originally posted by benwalsh91 View Post
          this thread needs more pictures!!!!!
          Coming soon my friend, patience we will have hmm...(bad Yoda lingo) Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
          sigpic
          Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Comment

Working...
          X