• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stormspike
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stormspike
    replied
    My staggered 4 lug alpina wheels. Just getting her out also after a long rest. The 24v swap is good...

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post

Looks great! What’s the offset and tire size?
    I'm not sure on the tire size, but i'm guessing these are like 235/40

I think the concave ones run an ET20 and the regular ones are ET15

Concave is the way to go tho

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mastrcruse View Post
    Thanks for moving this thread. Was just wondering if I should ask to move this as it’s gonna transform into my (small) build thread.
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• laidback93
    commented on 's reply
    I'm loving my Yokohama S Drives on my Ronal LSs. But now I'm getting this uneasy feeling that they might be discontinued. Please say no, please say no!

• Mastrcruse
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    215/40 should work great, yes.

if you're tracking your car you want 15" wheels since there are lots of race tire sizes, but street tires there's like 2 or 3 choices and they're going to be all seasons (or undersized).
    Yep! No tracking a vert for me.

Thanks for moving this thread. Was just wondering if I should ask to move this as it’s gonna transform into my (small) build thread.

Leave a comment:

• Mastrcruse
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    since we're on the topic of big ol' 17" wheels.

I'll just leave this here

Click image for larger version

Name:	rede30-2.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	9873122
    Looks great! What’s the offset and tire size?

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    it would look better with side skirts. otherwise there is just a void where the body should be complete.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    since we're on the topic of big ol' 17" wheels.

I'll just leave this here

Click image for larger version

Name:	rede30-2.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	9873122

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    215/40 should work great, yes.

if you're tracking your car you want 15" wheels since there are lots of race tire sizes, but street tires there's like 2 or 3 choices and they're going to be all seasons (or undersized).

Leave a comment:

• Mastrcruse
    replied
    people can hate on 17" wheels but the reality is, 15 and 16" tire selection is poor - performance tires are nearly nonexistent in E30 sizes. Going up to 17" gives you a lot more choices, and ironically they are probably cheaper too.
    I agree and since its a cruiser (and, honestly, I like the kopi's and how they look on the e30), I think a bit larger wheel being okay. Seems 215/40/17 is the right size tire to go with, sounds like it from the many threads I've read (some said 235 but sounded a lot of mods had to happen - I don't mind rolling fenders if needed). That sound right? i get the 16/15 vs 17 debate for a potential track or spirited driving car but knowing it'll never be challenged or pushed much, I think 17" are fine. If the 16" original Alpinas weren't $4000, I would have went for them!

Leave a comment:

• Mastrcruse
    replied
    Originally posted by Poorhouse View Post
    What did you find? Also, you may have done it backward, I don't think you're suppose to buy from the rustbelt and ship to Texas...

IMO 17's are to big on an E30.
    I would agree but had it inspected for rust (and other things) by local BMW dealership and its been garage kept - no winter driving. Being from the north though, I know I'll be watching for any cancer as I get into the car. Its been owned by an older lady for 25 of its 30+ years. and have had all the pictures taken that I could get that made me feel comfortable.

Leave a comment:

• iansane
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver View Post
    The other big change is the availability of standalone engine management. I'm still finishing my DIY MegaSquirt kit, but there is a ton of knowledge and engine maps available. IMO, the biggest hurdle with engine mods has always been the tuning. At this point pretty much every combination has been done, so its just researching, picking what you want, and follow the documented recipe.
    I think this is a big reason why m20s aren't as bad as they used to be. Now there is a way to control them accurately, and make decent power. It used to be engine swaps were the only way to make power.

people can hate on 17" wheels but the reality is, 15 and 16" tire selection is poor - performance tires are nearly nonexistent in E30 sizes. Going up to 17" gives you a lot more choices, and ironically they are probably cheaper too.
    17s are of the size that you need proper ride height to make look good. 16s and 15s can get away with being at a less than ideal height because there is so much vertical tire to blend it in. I like 17s a lot on e30s. I can't decide on 18s though. I think those may be too big unless really low.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Poorhouse
    replied
    What did you find? Also, you may have done it backward, I don't think you're suppose to buy from the rustbelt and ship to Texas...

IMO 17's are to big on an E30.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X